how to save money

peterpikefisher

Guest Brumagem Phil

Sorry barry but i think thats just a bit tooooo harsh and judgemental for me.

We ALL make life choices not often knowing the impact they will have on us later in life or upon others. Many in the 60's took LSD unaware of the personality issues it may present later in life. Our modern youth are often oblivious to the dangers of ecstacy........or simply think it may never happen to them.

Of course those dopy souls who go fishing off a boat deserve no sympathy if they fallover the side and drown right? How about sky divers, racing drivers or any other risky activity? Should we be so callous in our attitudes to them too?

We could all take up knitting and bird watching i guess, but my feeling is the world would be a lesser place if we did.

Not having a go at you, just saying I think your view was a little harsh mate.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed........

THC however does according to much evidence change the brains chemistry and indeed peoples personalities in some cases. On that basis I don;t think dope should be dismissed too lightly despite its apparent lack of addictiveness.

Poppies tend to produce much more addictive and damaging drugs though such as heroin.

Its just choice I guess, but I think drugs damage our society far more than 'terrorism' and on that basis i'd rather our troops fought the drug lords over there and burned their fields. I appreciate though that others won't necessarily agree.

Please explain in terminology a thirteen year old would understand why someone sparking up a spliff is worse than a terrorist? My son likes a good giggle.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Brumagem Phil
Please explain in terminology a thirteen year old would understand why someone sparking up a spliff is worse than a terrorist? My son likes a good giggle.

Fortunately for me a thirteen year old does not appreciate the full implications of either action therefore my explanation is not required! :P

To see the effects that it can have on people is disturbing, in particular when you have a close relative who has a split personality because of it
Sounds to me like your on the Post hoc ergo propter hoc again Barry.

* A occurred, then B occurred.

* Therefore, A caused B.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

We could all take up knitting and bird watching i guess.

Phil, you may regard birdwatching as for the wimpish end of humanity, but REAL birdwatching is another matter.

My wife is a keen birdwatcher. Our trips abroad involve both fishing and birdwatching. We do both activities together.

Fishing the deep sea and big tropical rivers is not devoid of risk, but the real risks come from the birdwatching component.

We have driven over hair-raising mountain passes, trekked through deserts, climbed cliffs, descended ravines and traversed miles of untracked wilderness, in hired car, on foot, on horseback and even by camel.

We have walked, sometimes guided, but often unguided, in tiger country, lion country, grizzly bear country and various other wild places - (even at night when looking for owls and nightjars)

We risk malaria, tick-borne fever and who knows what else every time we step into a jungle.

We have been held at gunpoint twice - once in Zimbabwe and once on the Jordan-Israel border.

We have fought off would-be muggers in Costa Rica, and driven (fast!) through an area inhabited by Guatemalan bandits.

......and we are not members of a crack fighting regiment, we are a couple of old-age pensioners.

I agree with your point about taking risks - but you need another analogy - like sitting in front of a keyboard perhaps?.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

And on the flipside, when my mum was a Cat 10 freefall parachutist, she never declared it as a risky sport. Statistically, it's safer than most.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sounds to me like your on the Post hoc ergo propter hoc again Barry.

* A occurred, then B occurred.

* Therefore, A caused B.

Don't agree with that, i said it was either one or the other.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Fortunately for me a thirteen year old does not appreciate the full implications of either action therefore my explanation is not required! :P
This one would he's been brought up on Critical Thinking an logical explanations. Sounds like a cop-out on your part Phil, not like you at all.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Phil, you may regard birdwatching as for the wimpish end of humanity, but REAL birdwatching is another matter.

My wife is a keen birdwatcher. Our trips abroad involve both fishing and birdwatching. We do both activities together.

Fishing the deep sea and big tropical rivers is not devoid of risk, but the real risks come from the birdwatching component.

We have driven over hair-raising mountain passes, trekked through deserts, climbed cliffs, descended ravines and traversed miles of untracked wilderness, in hired car, on foot, on horseback and even by camel.

We have walked, sometimes guided, but often unguided, in tiger country, lion country, grizzly bear country and various other wild places - (even at night when looking for owls and nightjars)

We risk malaria, tick-borne fever and who knows what else every time we step into a jungle.

We have been held at gunpoint twice - once in Zimbabwe and once on the Jordan-Israel border.

We have fought off would-be muggers in Costa Rica, and driven (fast!) through an area inhabited by Guatemalan bandits.

......and we are not members of a crack fighting regiment, we are a couple of old-age pensioners.

I agree with your point about taking risks - but you need another analogy - like sitting in front of a keyboard perhaps?.

Crikey, i'll never view tossing my scraps of bread to the tits in the same light again ;)

Brilliantly written as always though V. :)

Guest Brumagem Phil
This one would he's been brought up on Critical Thinking an logical explanations. Sounds like a cop-out on your part Phil, not like you at all.

Not really Cory, I think you tried to muddy the waters by comparing terrorism to smoking a spliff when the implication was the harvesting and importing of tons of crack cocaine and heroin caused the country more in the way of lives and financial trouble than terrorism.

In the big scheme of things, direct Islamic terrorism in the UK has cost the country few in the way of lost lives. In comparison to how much money we spend on the problem its a non issue for me. I'd rather see the billions we spend in Afghanistan spent on flame throwers to torch the poppy fields.