Article 47

Snatcher

You really are a plank barry artickle 47 can put people out of buisness as if you hadnt realized like i said you are clueless and dont have one clue what goes on behind the scenes you mentioned an emty brain you capped it all.

paul.

Pots and kettles come to mind.

Big cod you publicly slung plenty of mud at the local commercial fishermen over the years so don't be surprised if you get some slung back. Or were you under some illusion that they might support you?

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back binatone, he would have sorted Leon out.

I cannot believe that you as anglers are letting there so called representatives and others destroy what was once a free and rightful sport pastime hobby.

They have highlighted over the years how many RSA there are in this country, what benefit they could be to the country (in regards of paying taxes) without any consultation with the majority of anglers that fish.

So they have made up there own committees and tell every body they are only trying to promote sea angling. But do sea anglers want sea angling promoting? and as you can see from the above have already got in place what they think that should be put in place once the government has got it’s money of the RSA and defra have imposed there bag limits to keep them at the forefront and therefore keep there departments happy.

You talk about an ideal world Leon, my ideal world was to go angling whenever I wanted to go because I was fortunate like many other anglers to live by the sea.

My ideal word Leon was to be able to catch as many fish as I wanted (not that I can ever catch many) for my family.

In my ideal world I could do something in my spare time that I did not have to pay to this government for to do.

But that’s not your ideal world is it Leon. There’s no power to be had there is there?

You say that if the Whitby charter boats would have followed the line of the BSA they would and could get the support of SACN or NFSA. Well haven’t you ever thought that they might not want there support? That they might have been happy with what they had.

Now look what YOU and your so called promoters of angling have done.

If rod licences and bag limits are introduced in this part of the country then it will mean the end of recreational angling as Whitby has known it for as far back as anybody remembers.

Ill still go to sea, or clime down the rocks, but it won’t seam the same knowing that because of a few, so many have had something taken away from them.

I do not blame the government one bit on what is about to happen. Who I do blame are the people who encouraged them to do it.

Bring back binatone, he would have sorted Leon out.

Quote Leon, again. :)

“I’m immensely reassured that the UK Government is backing the country’s recreational sea anglers on the issue of Article 47, including the many businesses and coastal communities that rely upon visiting sea anglers for their livelihoods. The Minister’s stated position on Article 47 reflects the effort put in by the Angling Trust, clubs and individual anglers to alert DEFRA to the damage that these proposals could do to a sector that is incredibly important to so many, and which is widely regarded as having minimal impact on fish-stocks.”

He added:-

“That the Government is prepared to listen to our concerns, at a time when anglers are reeling from mounting threats to our passion, gives every angler hope for the future. We look forward to a continued and robust defence of the rights and freedoms enjoyed by the nation’s anglers, against all unnecessary bureaucratic restrictions.”

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Quote Leon, again. :)

Yep, get used to it Barry, it will be happening a lot :blink: .

Anyway what about yourself ? Are you still living in fear of publicising your catches in case someone reads your reports and uses them against you ? Or have you finally decided to be proud of what you do ?

Yep, get used to it Barry, it will be happening a lot :blink: .

Anyway what about yourself ? Are you still living in fear of publicising your catches in case someone reads your reports and uses them against you ? Or have you finally decided to be proud of what you do ?

Back to the slag off's put downs and run downs, got anything decent to say for a change then. I won't have a problem reporting them then, you just carry on.

I don't mind reporting what i catch, however it becomes a bit boring to keep on putting up foto's of double figure fish, must have had at least twenty, thirty or so all ready this year, lost count. Off again for a two dayer this weekend, proberbly give all me catch away on the boat on the first day. Yup i can live with that. I don't have a personal problem with my catches or releases, do you. Before you ask, lots of codling under 7 pounds get released by me anually, however i try not to target them.

Can't report this bit of tripe as it's on another forum.

Quote: Leon Roskilly and Martin Salter are thick as thieves. If memory serves me rightly, bloody Salter is from Luton by the sea and gets all his angling information from Leon Roskilly, I could write on a postage stamp what these 2 know about sea angling. Leon Roskilly has supposedly retired from being an angling rep, yet the devious sod is still meddling in matters he should keep his beak out of.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Pots and kettles come to mind.

Big cod you publicly slung plenty of mud at the local commercial fishermen over the years so don't be surprised if you get some slung back. Or were you under some illusion that they might support you?

Peter my son is a commercial fisheman and is fishing of shetland as we speak i wouldnt expect any support from the commercial fishing industry anglers never will the proof is in the pudding if you look what the ssfc keep comeing out with and to ban a angling boat aback of 6 mile when he is taking passengers is outragous on safety grounds.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

What a absolute brilliant reply, totally lost it with argument have you.

You want a discussion on 47 and come out with this dirge, priceless.

Barry, these people are facing a loss of livlihood, yet you appear to find some enjoyment in that. I think you spend far too long listening to the bullshit spouted by the commercial element which seems to dominate this forum. I know for fact that some of the local charter skippers here have been told by high ranking members of the NFFO that they have put the boot in for them. They brag about it. You don't need me to tell you that name as you will know who I mean. The NFFO have frequent meetings with the commissionaire, this much is documented. As for the content of the meeting, you will be lucky to find it on any minutes publically available, and even if minutes were available do you really believe they would have the finer details on there ? I thought you naive but surely not that naive ??. So sadly we have to work on what we are told, but from what I am informed, some of the charter skippers and other listeners were told the tail in a public building where lots of other people overheard - the story came from the horses mouth.

Edited by glennk

Back to the slag off's put downs and run downs, got anything decent to say for a change then. I won't have a problem reporting them then, you just carry on.

I don't mind reporting what i catch, however it becomes a bit boring to keep on putting up foto's of double figure fish, must have had at least twenty, thirty or so all ready this year, lost count. Off again for a two dayer this weekend, proberbly give all me catch away on the boat on the first day. Yup i can live with that. I don't have a personal problem with my catches or releases, do you. Before you ask, lots of codling under 7 pounds get released by me anually, however i try not to target them.

Can't report this bit of tripe as it's on another forum.

Quote: Leon Roskilly and Martin Salter are thick as thieves. If memory serves me rightly, bloody Salter is from Luton by the sea and gets all his angling information from Leon Roskilly, I could write on a postage stamp what these 2 know about sea angling. Leon Roskilly has supposedly retired from being an angling rep, yet the devious sod is still meddling in matters he should keep his beak out of.

Barry, Where have I slagged you off ? I may have asked a few questions you are uncomfortable with but I ain't slagged you off just yet. You will know when it happens, it will be clear. So are you still living in fear of people knowing you catch fish or have you finally come out of denial and accepted that even people on the south coast catch and kill fish for their own use. You say you find posting pictures of fish boring ? To me that illustrates fully your angling credentials. Your more interested in sucking up to commercial fishermen, sfc members and employees in here than joining your fellow anglers in discussions on the one that got away - Nice One Barry thats just amazing.

As for Leon, I've never been frightened to speak my mind hence I put what I think about him on this forum and on my own. If I lived in fear of people knowing my thoughts I wouldn't publish them. If anyone wants to read that quote and the rest of the information they can find it here in full context, once your on the site, take a look about, you will see topics from people going fishing, you may even enjoy them and remember what this sport is all about :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...?topic=7765.260

Quite what your trying to achieve I ain't sure, like I say if I didn't want people to know my thoughts Id keep them to myself rather than sticky them to the top of my forum.

Edited by glennk

Barry, these people are facing a loss of livlihood, yet you appear to find some enjoyment in that.

That statement is not true. I could comment on the rest of yours but this will do for a kick off.

I'm totally against 47 if you care to read previous posts on this and other topics where i have commented, so i don't know where you guessed that one up from. fwiw i think there are now at least half a dozen fishery ministers including Southern Ireland of the same opinion, if you have a read of Leons Jan Kappel link. fwiw i think 47 will be watered down to be of no real consequence to the rsa defra are going to be the ones to watch. Just my opinion btw.

Loss of livihood will be the result the actions of the banks and this government, we will be paying for it for the next few years, all ready happening with loads of cancelled charter boat bookings. I could find space on a charterboat every single day now and i,m doing what i can to help the skippers out, along with finding crew for them both experianced and newbies. So that makes me whiter than white glennk. :)

ps, Glennk i haven't said that you have slagged me off, get it right, i have commented on your slag off posts, you can if you feel the need though.

Edited by barry luxton