Favourite Beatles Track

Chris Plumb

This fan has ranked all 185 from his worst to best - and given his reasons - I real labour of love! Whether you agree or not - and I generally do - you'll probably have an enjoyable hour or so listeining to some of your fav tracks...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let it be.

No, really Chris, just let it be :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

6th January 1963.

I remember it because it was my 19th birthday.

Working on a ship docked in Liverpool soon to sail to Australia.

Bitterly cold (my hands stuck to a metal ladder when I went to run a wire aerial for my radio up the mast), we took a cab into Liverpool and was dropped outside a music venue called The Cavern Club.

Inside were posters for a group called 'The Beatles' (I found the mispelling a little annoying, it wasn't until later that I got the pun).

During the interval the PA announced that the Beatles had just released a single, and played 'Please, please me' (they weren't there that night :( ).

Heard it later on my radio before we set sail, and again and again as we sailed through the Med, down the Suez canal, and all along the East coast of Africa.

The young Scousers amongst the crew could hardly believe it. A local group on the radio, internationally!

Some time later the Beatles joined me in Australia for their Australian Tour, bringing Beatlemania with them (or rather it was waiting there for them).

I was staying in a house with rented rooms in Marrickville, a suburb of Sydney, and the Beatles had attained god-like status and were actually here in Sydney.

We sat glued to the television, crowded together in the shared lounge.

Favourite Beatle's track?

Hmmmm! Now let me see. There's ........ and .......and........and.. :)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Its got to be day in a life love the crazy bit in the middle.my dad took me to see them in 1963 at the rainbow finsbury park north london rolf harris was the compare and cilla black was on the bill i remember seeing them but not hearing much because of all the screaming girls,best album sgt peppers a timeless classic

ray

I just had to come back on this one whatabout something written by george harrison imo the greatest love song ever made and get back which they performed live on the apple building rooftop in saville row london what a great topic this is better than fishing [at the moment]

ray

Blimey there's a task & a half, pick your favourite Beatles song :o

Lets see, Back in the USSR, Revolution (fast version), Bulldog, Paperback writer, Hey Jude, Tomorrow never knows, Norwegian Wood, this is silly I'll be here all night!

I was looking at some music stats the other night, & it probably won't come as any surprise to find out the Beatles have sold more records than anybody else in history. Apparently there are only 3 acts that have amassed 1 billion sales, 2nd & 3rd are Elvis & Bing. Quite something when you consider the fab 4 only had 10 years recording as opposed to Elvis & Bing who both had very extensive recording careers.

It's a very interesting list to look at, you will be shocked by the big names that languish well down the pecking order, perhaps suggesting more music & fashion industry favourites rather than customer favourites.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

elanor rigby

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson