Mr M hates TESCO

mr motorola

Has anyone had bad dealings with Tesco?

We have recently had a new supermarket from them DUMPED in our village. After years of protesting from local residents it was passed and so came the new market. The place has crippled our local village shops , causing two of them to ‘up sticks’ and get out before the going gets too tough.

Anyhoo , i use the place as a stop gap , cheap beer and cigs , i like to use ASDA myself!! The story goes like this............................

I nipped down to the place for a crate of beer and some cigs , nothing more. Grabbing the alcohol and only wanting the cigs i headed straight for the cig counter and queued like a good little boy , after about 5 minutes (a long time holding 24 cans of beer) i got to the front of the queue only to be told that the scanner was now broke and was to go over to the next till. Walking straight nextdoor was a no go though , the cashier told me i had to queue AGAIN!!! After a bit of a stink i queued YET AGAIN , 5 minutes. So , reaching the front of the queue i was greeted with the EXACT same cashier that told me to re-queue...............placing the 24 cans of beer on the till and asking for 20 bensons the reply i got didn’t go down too well whatso-ever.

“i’m sorry love but i can’t scan beer on the tobacco till , you’re gonna have to go to a main till for that” she said.

The feeling bubbling up inside was similar to the film ME , MYSELF AND IRENE where Jim gets close to exploding and switching personalities.

After a good couple of exchanges , asking why i wasn’t told BY HER this at my first meeting on till one , the response was that it wasn’t company policy to tell anyone unless she was actually serving them. Total and utter bullsh1t or what.?

After some heated words , the security guard came rumbling over (a wee slip of a man , probably 8 stone wet through) and asked me to calm down or he would have to restrain and possibly detain me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was sounding like too much of a joke to me and the guard took a very sharp detour when i mentioned that i wasn’t taking no for an answer and if he were to get in my way that i’d use the man as target practice.

Ok i know , a bit on the naughty side from Mr M , but i’d seriously had more than a belly full from these idiots.

When i asked for a complaint form at the customer services desk , i was told by them that “we don’t DO complaint forms and you will have to do it online” .....what if i were someone without an internet connection?

Rant over , and calmed down sufficiently ..............................

As i said earlier , i’m an ASDA man myself , i don’t know i guess i enjoy the huge difference in price and quality compared to TESCO (everyone to their own i suppose) , i just hope our new supermarket falls flat on its face and leaves. It has brought nothing but pain and anguish to all our villagers without a care towards them whatsoever.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had bad dealings with Tesco?

We have recently had a new supermarket from them DUMPED in our village. After years of protesting from local residents it was passed and so came the new market. The place has crippled our local village shops , causing two of them to ‘up sticks’ and get out before the going gets too tough.

Anyhoo , i use the place as a stop gap , cheap beer and cigs , i like to use ASDA myself!! The story goes like this............................

I nipped down to the place for a crate of beer and some cigs , nothing more. Grabbing the alcohol and only wanting the cigs i headed straight for the cig counter and queued like a good little boy , after about 5 minutes (a long time holding 24 cans of beer) i got to the front of the queue only to be told that the scanner was now broke and was to go over to the next till. Walking straight nextdoor was a no go though , the cashier told me i had to queue AGAIN!!! After a bit of a stink i queued YET AGAIN , 5 minutes. So , reaching the front of the queue i was greeted with the EXACT same cashier that told me to re-queue...............placing the 24 cans of beer on the till and asking for 20 bensons the reply i got didn’t go down too well whatso-ever.

“i’m sorry love but i can’t scan beer on the tobacco till , you’re gonna have to go to a main till for that” she said.

The feeling bubbling up inside was similar to the film ME , MYSELF AND IRENE where Jim gets close to exploding and switching personalities.

After a good couple of exchanges , asking why i wasn’t told BY HER this at my first meeting on till one , the response was that it wasn’t company policy to tell anyone unless she was actually serving them. Total and utter bullsh1t or what.?

After some heated words , the security guard came rumbling over (a wee slip of a man , probably 8 stone wet through) and asked me to calm down or he would have to restrain and possibly detain me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was sounding like too much of a joke to me and the guard took a very sharp detour when i mentioned that i wasn’t taking no for an answer and if he were to get in my way that i’d use the man as target practice.

Ok i know , a bit on the naughty side from Mr M , but i’d seriously had more than a belly full from these idiots.

When i asked for a complaint form at the customer services desk , i was told by them that “we don’t DO complaint forms and you will have to do it online” .....what if i were someone without an internet connection?

Rant over , and calmed down sufficiently ..............................

As i said earlier , i’m an ASDA man myself , i don’t know i guess i enjoy the huge difference in price and quality compared to TESCO (everyone to their own i suppose) , i just hope our new supermarket falls flat on its face and leaves. It has brought nothing but pain and anguish to all our villagers without a care towards them whatsoever.

My personal hate, security guards..........

I have had so many run-ins, you would not believe......

Was in the Court Offices once when a guy started mouthing it off to me (just got an order on him for the £5,000 he owed me, I told him to go forth and multiply and he says "yeah, and what you going to do, hit me........"

Well, what a good idea I thought, and dropped him to the ground, when he got up, there was the 'security' warning me, the guy (security guard) was only just past my belly button......

Any way matey, the debtor started mouthing off again, so I said the the 'guard', "can I have a word over here please?" as he moved in the direction of my pointing finger I smacked the dork again and dropped him to the floor!

Such fun.......... :D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Mr M - You say yourself you USE Tesco as a stopgap. (booze and ciggies).

If you want Tesco to leave - DON'T use them at all!!

You're right Kleinboet , the only problem is that since TESCO has taken over the village , all the local cheap shops that used to do good little deals have dissappeared and ASDA is about 10 mile from me.

I'm as stubborn as they come though , i happen to have a little trick up my sleeve........................it's a very well known FACT proven almost every week that our new market is selling out of date stock!!! I'm not talking a day or two either , we're talking 7-10 days O.O.D.

I shall be asking the wife to do a little bit of shopping for the "correct produce" and make a nice stand on WATCHDOG. I find it incredibly strange that someone as huge as Tesco is letting something like this go by un-noticed , they have had plenty of complaints from customers about it. Maybe it's the management of the shop that is at fault??

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Good grief, what is the world coming to ? Sounds like a soap to me..beer,fags and bashing people.............and arguing with the lady on the till. Glad I shop at Morrisons :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest Brumagem Phil

CALM DOWN MR M!

Now listen to uncle phil.......lol.......

Firstly you need a meeting with the store manager and don't take no crap, tell him you felt humiliated etc etc and don't let it lie till he gives you the response you want.

As to the OOD food, they get fined 6k or sommat for EACH item which is OOD so no need for watchdog, your local trading standards will hit em where it hurts!

Something else worth knowing here Mr M if they are this tardy........the yellow shelf labels showing special offers? Well if they leave em up past the date and you buy the product and get charged full whack then you are entitled to DOUBLE the difference. So if the item you want was half price then you get it free! I've done this stacks of times and now keep an eye out for em on the change over days. Oh and don't be fobbed on that one either, thats a HEAD OFFICE policy so if the manager won't give it, report him to head office and you'll get yer money and he'll get his *ss kicked.

As for the village shop keepers all shutting up shop............don't ya just love the British grit, backbone and fighting spirit eh? B)

i just hope our new supermarket falls flat on its face and leaves. It has brought nothing but pain and anguish to all our villagers without a care towards them whatsoever.

Most small business suffer at the hands of Supermarkets, we did back in the early 90's and lost a lot of money. But you cannot buck the trend it's what the public want, low prices and easy parking are the main advantages. Sure small business suffer and that's a real pity, but folk just pay lip service to the problem like you do, Oh the High Street is suffering whilst they still continue to give these stores their money.

You can't have it both ways.

they wouldnt be built if they didnt have customers ,small shops have happily ripped you off for thousands of years .if you want to buy a loaf of bread for £1.79 then use my village shop i will go to the supermarket ,and note most of the shop keepers and staff (seen them) use them too.

if small shops want trade why are they closed when you want to give it to them?

small business can happily co-exist if they dont try and compete with tesco ,sell stuff tesco dont sell ,plenty of scope out there.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On the subject of out of date food.

I recently called food standards about my local Tescos selling food past it's date. However what i didn't realise was that it isn't actually illegal to sell food that is past it's "best before" date. So if that's the case you're stuffed unfortunately. If however the food has a "use by" date then what they are doing will get them a big fine.

So things like cakes etc that have "best before", they could sell them outwith the date (although they state that it is accidental if they do), but meat and fresh produce that has "use by" date is a call to food standards :)

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..