Where are you fishing this weekend and what are you after?

JV44

Thanks - funny enough I had my biggie today just as the afternoon rains broke. Having started in bright sunshine in my 'banker' chub swim - and getting a brace of 4lbers in a bag of ½doz I'd moved onto a weirppol where I have had the odd relly big chub and good roach - but which also holds many 'nuisance' trout. The fish when hooked did a really good imitation of a trout - shooting across to the far bank and then trying to get under the weir sill. Believing for all the world it was another brownie I played it really hard - and got the shock of my life when those black fins surfaced in the foam! Its at time like these you realise how big a chub's mouth is - and how inadequate a size 16 suddenly looks. Thankfully the bullying had worked and I was able to guide it downstream into a waiting net. It's been 5 years since I last had a 6lb chub but I felt sure this was my biggest - though at first the scales only registered 6-01 - in my haste to give it a number I'd forgotten to zero the scales - and doing so thankfully put it up to 6lb 6oz - a new PB! :rolleyes:

C.

That sounds similar to when I caught my biggest roach and I thought it was an eel...

You must be so chuffed, looking forward to seeing a pic.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many congratulations indeed, Chris! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Many congratulations indeed, Chris! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Already posted this pic on the big Fat Chub thread - but as PB chub don't come around very often I'm sure you won't mind shoving it on here as well.

:rolleyes:

post-459-1236707887_thumb.jpg

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Well done indeed, what a well conditioned fish.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Still not sure where to fish this weekend. Fished last Sat and Sun on local club water and did not even get a bite. So anywhere where a bite is possible.

Other anglers blanked as well so it is not just me but what us coarse anglers have to put up with in Cumbria :