Lewis Hamilton MBE , why!?

mr motorola

IMHO this state of afairs where sportspeople, polititians, Actors and actresses and the like are awarded gongs for WHAT????

What about the teenagers that give up education to look after their disabled parents (some of them do it for people who are NOT family!!), or the man in the street who does something amazing to raise, literally, millions for charity,, the young girl with cancer who started a charity for toys for childrens wards??? Brenda, who is registered blind and is wheelchair bound - taught braille to others for nothing, not even a thank you letter (although this is NOT an appeal for her!) There are many deserving people, not these ponces that get the accolades from their peers AND an award, while the local manager does 50 years of helping the public as well as running the post office, and is ignored!!

I'm sure i have heard of lollie pop ladies getting a gong before, must check that.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather a lollipop lady get an MBE than some head in the clouds actor who won an Oscar for doing something that he loves (acting) - and then gets a knighthood!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I would rather a lollipop lady get an MBE than some head in the clouds actor who won an Oscar for doing something that he loves (acting) - and then gets a knighthood!!

Thats a fair one!

I do think the arts should be recognised though, as should the Sciences.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Bl00dy Hell klienie.

Ive only gone and agreed with you :lol:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

What pees me off about most of those awards, is that they get sponsorship and funding, mostly from the National lottery, and are never asked to pay anything back from the money they earn afterwards. That cycling team got something like 25 million over a few years.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Those puncture repair kits are bloody expensive, Den!

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What pees me off about most of those awards, is that they get sponsorship and funding, mostly from the National lottery, and are never asked to pay anything back from the money they earn afterwards. That cycling team got something like 25 million over a few years.

Den

I cant see what the issue is? the sport is what is financed not the person one of those bikes is worth as much as a family car,

that withstanding these athletes ruin thier bodys for the sport plenty end up in obscurity,

Would you rather we as a Sporting nation remain a laughing stock. our expenditure on sport and the promotion of sport for our young is paultry compared to other countrys.

allso the National Lottery money is and always has been used for the development of the Arts,Culture and sport.

What is it with us British the moment someone makes it or makes somthing of thier self we start digging them a hole?

it bewilders me. :huh:

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I cant see what the issue is? the sport is what is financed not the person one of those bikes is worth as much as a family car,

that withstanding these athletes ruin thier bodys for the sport plenty end up in obscurity,

Would you rather we as a Sporting nation remain a laughing stock. our expenditure on sport and the promotion of sport for our young is paultry compared to other countrys.

allso the National Lottery money is and always has been used for the development of the Arts,Culture and sport.

What is it with us British the moment someone makes it or makes somthing of thier self we start digging them a hole?

it bewilders me. :huh:

I couldn't agree more FB.

My son does Judo as his sport in France. He's been at it since he was 5 and he is 13 now. Aside from his normal training session he now helps out every Saturday morning running the class for the little ones just starting off like he was when he was 5.

Douvres is only a little town 4,800 Inhabitants over 11km2 but has got sporting facilities like this.

Luc-Sur-Mer where my flat is is only about 4 clicks from Douvres (I can walk it in 30 mins) has got these cultural and sporting facilities.

Renaze the heaving metropolis where Chris Goddard lives has a population of only 2,791 over 17 km² is in one of the poorest regions of France and even they can put this together.

http://www.renaze53.com/

Every little one horse town in France has facilities like this. WTF can't we?

Why is it that the only sport that matters in this country involves watching 22 prima effing donnas kicking a bag of wind around for an hour and a half?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

On the basis of steves list and other sound argument, I'll bow to peer pressure and say well done Lewis! :)

OI OI,

You bottled that one phil, me personally i think they arn't worth a toss anymore as said before you had to do somthing outstanding to recive an honour, not film star's who also get a lot of money K.B. as well as enjoying what they do, & footballers who also get a canny lump (not that half of them should be paid with buttons) & to play for ENGLAND they should do it for pride & exspense's. it's not a honers list if you can pay enough you can get what you want it's all b****ck's. rant over

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

You bottled that one phil, me personally i think they arn't worth a toss anymore as said before you had to do somthing outstanding to recive an honour, not film star's who also get a lot of money K.B. as well as enjoying what they do, & footballers who also get a canny lump (not that half of them should be paid with buttons) & to play for ENGLAND they should do it for pride & exspense's. it's not a honers list if you can pay enough you can get what you want it's all b****ck's. rant over

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Thanks for that Bill :D

انا آكل كل الفطائر