Lewis Hamilton MBE , why!?

mr motorola

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7934272.stm

I thought you had to be around for a while and EARN one of these things??

Should maj' be giving the gong to the car instead because lewis sure as hell hasn't earned it.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil

Yep.in full agreement with you there mate. Great driver yes, but lots of em on the grid these days but lets put em all in identical cars (as the yanks try to do) and see what happens. Too much of a lottery as to who you get to drive for these days IMO.

Yep.in full agreement with you there mate. Great driver yes, but lots of em on the grid these days but lets put em all in identical cars (as the yanks try to do) and see what happens. Too much of a lottery as to who you get to drive for these days IMO.
That's why there are 2 prizes, one for the teams and one for the drivers. Most of us mere mortals wouldn't be able to do one lap in a F1 car.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

To be fair to him, winning the world championship in 2008 was the culmination of 15 years of hard work, started at the age of 8. It's not as if he walked in off the street and jumped in the best car.

To be fair to him, winning the world championship in 2008 was the culmination of 15 years of hard work, started at the age of 8. It's not as if he walked in off the street and jumped in the best car.

I also don't doubt through his actions in the last two years in particular he has generated a huge morale boost for the uk fans and taken part in generating a lot of dosh into the uk economy and he don't even live here, more so than the likes of our chancellor, who at some time might even be promoted to the house of lords (just like mandy) for his efforts in helping to keep the uk economy on it's knees, he does unfortunatly live here. :D p.s mandy was made a lord, what has he done apart from being devious.

Do it again this year Hamilton, good luck.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

He is also a role model for a lot of young Black lads who have only a few else where! Do you begrudge the same Honers going to the para olimpians?

the tenage girl with dwarfism for example?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Also, he's in good company. Of the nine British drivers who have won the F1 driver's championship since 1958 only two haven't received honours. The late Mike Hawthorn and the late James (or Jane as Eric Morecambe would have said) Hunt.

In my opinion, if footballists like Beckham can get a 'gong' then I certainly support the honours awarded to World Championship drivers!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I was just looking at who else got honours, there were loads of sportspeople I'd never heard of. If you want to take the line that being good at sport is no reason to get an honour, that's a different question, but there's no doubt in my mind that Hamilton is amongst the more deserving on that list.

These are the sporting ones, the rest are here.

KNIGHTHOODS

Chris Hoy, cyclist, for services to sport.

John Madejski, for charitable services.

COMMANDERS OF THE ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE - CBE

Ben Ainslie, sailor, for services to sport.

David Brailsford, performance director, British Cycling, for services to sport.

Lee Pearson, for services to equestrianism and disabled sport.

David Roberts, swimmer, services to disabled sport.

David Tanner, performance director, GB Rowing Team, for services to sport.

Bradley Wiggins, cyclist, for services to sport

OFFICERS OF THE ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE - OBE

Rebecca Adlington, swimmer, for services to sport.

Sarah Ayton, sailor, for services to sport.

Cheryl Danson, chair England Netball, for services to sport.

Ellen Hunter, cycling pilot guide, for services to disabled sport.

Rhydian James Morgan-Jones, for services to the horseracing industry.

Darren Kenny, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

Sascha Kindred, swimmer, for services to disabled sport.

Philip Lane, chief executive Paralympics GB, for services to sport.

Brian McCargo, for services to sport and to the Special Olympics in Northern Ireland.

Aileen McGlynn, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

Stephen Park, manager, British Olympic Sailing Team, for services to sport.

Iain Percy, sailor, for services to sport.

Timothy Reddish, national performance director for disability swimming, for services to sport.

Sarah Storey, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

Peter Warburton, director of sport, University of Durham, for services to higher education and sport.

Sarah Webb, sailor, for services to sport.

Stephen Williams, rower, for services to sport.

MEMBERS OF THE ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE - MBE

Harold Alderman, boxing historian, for services to sporting heritage.

Robert Bloomfield, for voluntary service to rugby union in Northern Ireland.

Tim Brabants, canoeist, for services to sport.

Mark Bristow, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

Tony Burns, for voluntary service to amateur boxing.

Sophie Christiansen, equestrian, for services to disabled sport.

Edward Clancy, cyclist, for services to sport.

Nicole Cooke, cyclist, for services to sport.

Bernard Cotton, director, Team GB holding camp, for services to sport.

Jody Cundy, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

James DeGale, middleweight boxer, for services to sport.

Ms Leslie Dillingham, for voluntary service to equestrian sport.

Anne Dunham, equestrian, for services to disabled sports.

Terry Edwards, Team GB head boxing coach, for services to sport.

Gerald Ells, for services to veterans' tennis.

Major Stephen Farley, Team GB quartermaster, for services to sport.

Dr John Gillespie, for voluntary service to horseracing in Northern Ireland.

Paul Goodison, sailor for services to sport.

Dave Haller, swimming coach, for services to sport.

Lewis Hamilton, Formula One driver, for services to motor racing.

Andrew Triggs Hodge, rower, for services to sport.

Mark Hunter, rower, for services to sport.

Thomas James, rower, for services to sport.

Christopher Martin-Jenkins, cricket commentator and journalist, for services to sport.

Anthony Kappes, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

Jason Kenny, cyclist, for services to sport.

Lieutenant Commander Brian Maddock, chief umpire, Wimbledon Championships, for services to tennis.

Paul Manning, cyclist, for services to sport.

Owen McGhee, services to sport and to charity.

Christine Ohuruogu, athlete, for services to sport.

Annabel Oxley, for voluntary service to injured jockeys.

Victoria Pendleton, cyclist, for services to sport.

Zachary Purchase, rower, for services to sport.

Billy Pye, British swimming head disability coach, for services to sport.

Peter Reed, rower, for services to sport.

Simon Richardson, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

Rebecca Romero, cyclist, for services to sport.

Eleanor Simmonds, swimmer, for services to disabled sport.

Andrew Simpson, sailor, for services to sport.

Jamie Staff, cyclist, for services to sport.

David Stone, cyclist, for services to disabled sport.

Barney Storey, cycling pilot, for services to disabled sport.

Geraint Thomas, cyclist, for services to sport.

Matthew Walker, swimmer, for services to disabled sport.

David Weir, wheelchair racer, for services to disabled sport.

Philippa Wilson, sailor, for services to sport.

Edward Wingrave, for services to cycling.

Guest Brumagem Phil

On the basis of steves list and other sound argument, I'll bow to peer pressure and say well done Lewis! :)

IMHO this state of afairs where sportspeople, polititians, Actors and actresses and the like are awarded gongs for WHAT????

What about the teenagers that give up education to look after their disabled parents (some of them do it for people who are NOT family!!), or the man in the street who does something amazing to raise, literally, millions for charity,, the young girl with cancer who started a charity for toys for childrens wards??? Brenda, who is registered blind and is wheelchair bound - taught braille to others for nothing, not even a thank you letter (although this is NOT an appeal for her!) There are many deserving people, not these ponces that get the accolades from their peers AND an award, while the local manager does 50 years of helping the public as well as running the post office, and is ignored!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription