Petrol Increases

kleinboet

Did I not hear correctly? In July 2008 Incapability Brown promised on PMQ's that the fuel price duty would NOT increase "for a whole year!"

I now hear that the duty will be increased to 71p in the £ as from the 1st April 2009!!

I don't think it is right that we have to pay 78% in duty in this recession we are going through.

At source petrol costs some 25.5p before duty!!

It is about time that was changed!

What do you think?

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Did I not hear correctly? In July 2008 Incapability Brown promised on PMQ's that the fuel price duty would NOT increase "for a whole year!"

I now hear that the duty will be increased to 71p in the £ as from the 1st April 2009!!

I don't think it is right that we have to pay 78% in duty in this recession we are going through.

At source petrol costs some 25.5p before duty!!

It is about time that was changed!

What do you think?

And this from the man who doesn't want to penalise "moderate drinkers" with a higher tax on alcohol

What about moderate motorists?

We will all be taxed hienasly for years now who else will pay for all these bail outs? it will only get worse I can see a summer of civil unrest akin to the poll tax riots :unsure:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

you aint going to keep greedy govs away from their taxes ,if not on petrol something else ,with the handouts lately probably both.

the ministers have pensions to boost as well as bankers ya know

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

you aint going to keep greedy govs away from their taxes ,if not on petrol something else ,with the handouts lately probably both.

the ministers have pensions to boost as well as bankers ya know

Just had a letter from the inland revenue. Basic rate of national insurance is going up again as well (well at least it is for self employed). Didn't hear about that one on the news!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Well just remember there'll be an election next year, so don't forget who's been royally shafting us when you cast your vote.....

Rob.

The problem is that there isn't an alternative. The tories will shaft us just as bad. At least this lot repaired my kids' school, the tories just pocket what they take. The Lib Dems are a complete waste of space.

It's no wonder the BNP can survive in this country. If they spent less time on their racist nonsense and concentrated on all the other things that are crap in this country I might even vote for them myself, the big parties certainly don't deserve my vote.

Well just remember there'll be an election next year, so don't forget who's been royally shafting us when you cast your vote.....

Rob.

trouble is the next lot will have to make the hard decisions to claw back all the goodies the last lot gave out trying to get your vote.

all those billions are not going to be got back before the next election so taxes will have to rise across the board to pay for it ,labour will just sit back in parliament and relax and jibe at the conservatives about the tax rises their polices forced the conservatives to make!

in the next election or two the voters see how much taxes have risen and having short memories vote the very party in that forced those tax rises on the voters in the first place :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

trouble is the next lot will have to make the hard decisions to claw back all the goodies the last lot gave out trying to get your vote.

all those billions are not going to be got back before the next election so taxes will have to rise across the board to pay for it ,labour will just sit back in parliament and relax and jibe at the conservatives about the tax rises their polices forced the conservatives to make!

in the next election or two the voters see how much taxes have risen and having short memories vote the very party in that forced those tax rises on the voters in the first place :rolleyes:

I agree chesters. The shafting will be just as severe, only the colour of the condom and the angle from which we are being penetrated from will change.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote