Fishing chair advice

Sportsman

I've got a cheap copy of that second design you linked to Anderoo, but the rear legs (unless locked by pins, or when they fall out nuts and bolts) have a tendency to fold in if one isn't careful. How does the original design get round this?

Geoff

I've got a cheap copy of that second design you linked to Anderoo, but the rear legs (unless locked by pins, or when they fall out nuts and bolts) have a tendency to fold in if one isn't careful. How does the original design get round this?

I don't know, I haven't seen one in real life. I just searched around for JRC chairs. If they're built like mine is, they'll be bomb-proof.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have the Korum lighweight chair and ruckbag, and really can't fault it them - together they make a great combination. I've been using them almost every week for over a year now. I chose the lightweight chair for the weight (or lack of it) and the wipe clean surface. It's been extremely comfortable, even for a couple of marathon 36 hour sessions. The only criticism I had was that the back wasn't quite upright enough for me, that was easily solved with a bit of ingenuity.

I've added loads of OnBox accessories over the past year until now I think I'm finally finished! I've also got the longer legs (for when I was suffering with back problems) and the increased height does make getting up and down a lot easier.

Janet

It's a shame that you can't try before you buy as everyone's needs are different. However under the Distance Selling Regulations you can at least return the chair to the shop if you don't like it. You'll usually have to pay the return postage though.

I very much prefer chairs with arms as you can lean against them so giving different positions. You can also push yourself up against them. With my disability both of these are important points.

I've tried a Nash Daddy Long Legs and liked it. If I needed a chair to cope with uneven banks I'd buy one. Luckily most of my fishing is at Wingham where if the banks aren't already level I've made them so.

I therefore use this chair: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...back_chair.html. It's no longer available but similar ones without the high back are on sale everywhere from garden centres to bargain shops. I'm sure you'll find lots on eBay, perhaps even a high back version.

By the way, despite what many of the ads say about returns, if you buy from a business on eBay on a Buy It Now the Distance Selling Regulations still apply.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I have decided to go with the Korum standard chair as I can get long legs for it and also fit a lot of my box accessories to it so it seems to make sense.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hi all

I am looking for advice on purchasing a decent fishing chair so looking for opinions of users.

I am old and have a bad back and have also just recovered (recovering?) from an accident when I broke my neck so I have decided to treat myself to a chair that is comfortable and safe :D

My current chair is a Badger (cheap) and it is neither of the above. If I shift forwards or backwards the legs have a habit of folding up underneath and depositing you on your ar sorry, the bank :D If you had your fingers in the wrong place it would probably amputate them as well, so:

Comfort - very important. Supportive, and with arms. Weight doesn't matter as I have no plans to be carrying it very far. Probably a recliner.

Long in the seat (front to back) with good thigh support.

Safety - stable and easy to get in and out of for one with limited mobility. The arms help here.

Price - now let's not go crazy! I don't want to spend a fortune on a "name"

I have looked at the korum style chairs but I'm not all that bothered about the attachments. The only time I need that stuff is if I am fishing the pole, and I have a seatbox for that. I get the feeling that they have saved money on the seating to pay for the attachments.

I am pretty interested in the Nash "Daddy Longlegs" The extra height would make it easier to get in and out and it looks well padded but I have never seen one. Anyone seen one or better yet bought one?

There is quite a good looking chair from a company called Starbaits (might be tied in with Sensas) anyone know of them?

http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/chairs...starbaits/9374/ Looks comfy but no arms, second thoughts it looks a bit tto much like my Badger.

Any other suggestions?

Before anyone suggests it, there are no tackle shops up here where I can go to look at them or sit on them so I will be buying completely blind over the net.

BTW I'm 6' and 15stone :)

Thanks

Dave

JRC cocoon very good chair not cheap

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

In the US I found the "best" selection to be NOT from the fishing industry but from the "medical equipment" industry (that is if you don't object to chrome). They do not have adjustable legs, at lease that I know of, but every other comfort and quality you could possibly want. May I suggest you start with a catalog (I refuse to waste a good "U").

Phone

Ohh, they are considerably heavier than the angling chairs I've seen in the US.

Phone, I have nothing against the chrome medical chairs you refer to but I find the large hole in the seat a bit uncomfortable after an hour or two.

On a slightly less clinical note I am delighted to say that I have managed to purchase privately an almost brand new Korum chair, complete with side tray and brolly arm, for just 40 quid so that's me sorted. I already have a couple of Preston accessories that will fit so roll on going fishing in comfort :P

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Phone, I have nothing against the chrome medical chairs you refer to but I find the large hole in the seat a bit uncomfortable after an hour or two.

On a slightly less clinical note I am delighted to say that I have managed to purchase privately an almost brand new Korum chair, complete with side tray and brolly arm, for just 40 quid so that's me sorted. I already have a couple of Preston accessories that will fit so roll on going fishing in comfort :P

You jammy bars Oh well done! :D

Geoff