Hangers or Swingers??????

coxy

Gaffer:

I prefer to use Solar, or my own stainless hangers, with a very light chain in calm conditions or the Bicycle Chain in windy conditions.

Those Bicycle Chain thingies are a good idea, it must have been a clever bloke who thought up that idea!....Hmmmmmm

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was me that invented them in Dec 1999 and 'gave'(!) the idea away to a well known tackle manufacturer, who then sold the idea to another tackle manufacturer, but has since started to make them himself.

It's all water under the bridge now, and I'm not bitter in the slightest......well ok, just a little bitter, but that's all, honest!

Live and learn.

Talking of swingers, bobbins, danglers, etc, does anyone ever test theirs for resistance on the line?

Yes Gaffer I have done a lot of testing, usually involves bread and sparrows or split shot..

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Gaffer:

Yes, it was me that invented them in Dec 1999 and 'gave'(!) the idea away to a well known tackle manufacturer, who then sold the idea to another tackle manufacturer, but has since started to make them himself.

It's all water under the bridge now, and I'm not bitter in the slightest......well ok, just a little bitter, but that's all, honest!

Live and learn.

Talking of swingers, bobbins, danglers, etc, does anyone ever test theirs for resistance on the line?

Hate to say it, Gaffer, but I was aware of it (I recall your post on here) but that is not the only reason I refuse to use Nash stuff if there is an alternative available.

I tend to use hangers, simply because I get less aggravation when there is a breeze running.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Fox Swinger Mk2 for me!

Excalibur:

As I have never found any stainless steel Fairy washing up bottle tops, I'll just have to keep on using the plastic ones then?

:rolleyes::rolleyes: They never did a fairy washing up bottle tops in stainless steel :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[ 24. June 2005, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Carp are that stupid that I dont think it matters either way!As long as what ever you use shows a drop back I cant see that it matters.Nearly all of my bolt rig/buzzer carping is done with the indicator at the top and the reel in anti reverse or baitrunner mode if Im feeling trendy!Due to this a swinger type indicators main advantage ie stability in a strong cross wind is pretty irelevant.I think hangers/bobbins are more versatile and certainly better for other species as Steve mentions.For Ultra long range work or where Im expecting drop backs I do quite like springer type indicators although an ultra heavy bobbin or one pinned to the ground with pole elastic (an old pre springer trick) works just as well.

As for what they look like! well I simply just want them to be functional ie register a drop back and be easily seen and tangle free.

The bike chain idea is clever though as it stops lateral movement in the wind.Thought I best explain that for the tackle tarts Gaffer! This stainless steel (bugger me did some one also say they were now available in carbon? what is the point of that?) Union Jack,colour co ordinated lark is so faggoty it makes me wonder how much thought is going in to actually catching a fish if all this time is spent worrying about image :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hear hear Budgie...I am recognised by "my pods" and "my swingers" and now by "my backlead cords" :D:D

Pods are never level, rods at all angles. bobbins (latest fad :D ) all at different levels..sometimes one rod has no indicator on it at all (gasp gasp)

Rods get dragged about and the butt caps get muddy and scratched, often the top section is not aligned with the butt section (not far out, but not perfect )

Even worse is to come...sometimes I have one bacleaded, one tight with a heavy bobbin and one fishing a slack line....and if that doesn't confuse the carp, then nothing will :D:D:D

My worst habit is to sometimes set up the Stealth brolly with my back to the lake, thus avoiding the wind and rain, and for the last few days I have been using an old (very old) nylon brolly as a sun shade.......and I have even managed a few fish.

To be fair though.. a tidy setup does often mean that just as much care has been put into bait placement and rig selection and bait preference :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

:o Den,I must admit to having a bit of a thing about my rod rests being vertical and all looking neat and tidy must be my military back ground but looking at leaning or uneven rests would/does wind me up!Then again Im a confirmed "picture straightener"! :o

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!