safe haven for red squirrels in scotland

Andy_1984

Nearly 400 squares miles of Scottish forest could soon be set aside as safe havens for red squirrels.

click here for full article

ive always wanted something to be done about red squirrels i have only ever seen one in my life time and that was through a kitchen window in a mates house when i was about 12! i hope that this plan goes ahead and we see more of our native friends.

oh and the otters too, id love to see the otters make a come back ;)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Nearly 400 squares miles of Scottish forest could soon be set aside as safe havens for red squirrels.

click here for full article

ive always wanted something to be done about red squirrels i have only ever seen one in my life time and that was through a kitchen window in a mates house when i was about 12! i hope that this plan goes ahead and we see more of our native friends.

oh and the otters too, id love to see the otters make a come back ;)

Me too Andy. The last time I saw a red squirrel in Scotland was in Balloch Park in about 1972. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I live in one of the safe havens (Balmoral to Inver)

We see them most days in the garden :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have never seen a red squirrel in its natural surroundings!

(although I saw some BLACK ones on TV the other day!)

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

They are still common around here. Even around town, they live in the relative peace of the cemetery.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I have never seen a red squirrel in its natural surroundings!

(although I saw some BLACK ones on TV the other day!)

I too can't remember seeing a red squirrel, but I do see lots of balck squirrels since they are very common in my part of Herfordshire.

I'm off up to Sportsman neck of the woods in a weeks time, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Rob.

I too can't remember seeing a red squirrel, but I do see lots of balck squirrels since they are very common in my part of Herfordshire.

I'm off up to Sportsman neck of the woods in a weeks time, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Rob.

The Isle of Wight's crawling with the blighters!

The last one I saw wild in mainland England was in about 1968 in Worcestershire.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!