Anglers' Fury About Actor's Ignorant Comments

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the person from the angling Trust who was asked for a quote or commenting on the story was from the freshwater and coarse sector where catch and release is considered a standard practice, that is certainly my assumption, after all, the Angling trust is comprised of all sectors of the industry. There is nothing to suggest that this was a comment made solely by a member of the marine team, in fact the wording of the response indicates that it was not, my point before the usual howls of derision commenced was that it is understandable that someone not associated with sea angling i.e. a coarse rep may make a general comment or quote that fits the bill for their sectors, but not necessarily will ring wholly true for sea angling. To deride the marine team and AT in general for comments made by a single person is largely unfair.

The exact same thought did cross my mind, too. But, isn't the angling trust supposed to encompass all angling practices?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

The exact same thought did cross my mind, too. But, isn't the angling trust supposed to encompass all angling practices?

Yes, but after just 3 months into the job!!!! Its a bit harsh to collectively criticise a body that has 4 different sectors, all of which are used to working to their own specific agenda or principals, and then expect them to speak with four tongues, it will take time, if they are still making these mistakes 18 months down the line then I would accept that you have a case, but come on, do you go straight into front line firefighting after 3 months, do you not get training and a transitional period??

Why not afford these guys the same respect.

Yes, but after just 3 months into the job!!!! Its a bit harsh to collectively criticise a body that has 4 different sectors, all of which are used to working to their own specific agenda or principals, and then expect them to speak with four tongues, it will take time, if they are still making these mistakes 18 months down the line then I would accept that you have a case, but come on, do you go straight into front line firefighting after 3 months, do you not get training and a transitional period??

Why not afford these guys the same respect.

Strange comparison to make, but yes, of course we get training. It wouldn't be fair to just dress someone up and send them out into the unknown. I can't imagine why the AT did it. Thank god no one was killed! :lol:

Seriously, though. It was, from a sea anglers point of view, a poorly thought out press release. That's not a major criticism, but something for them to be aware of.

What are the four different sectors of angling, by the way? I thought there were only three?

Don't drink and drive.

What are the four different sectors of angling, by the way? I thought there were only three?

Of course there's four, Steve.

Coarse, Game, Sea and Imaginary.

Get with the times, imaginary fishing is all the rage now. Sod going out in the wind and rain.

PS. I see that Superman has reverted back to Clark Kent again. Where's a lump of Kryptonite when you need it.

Edited by Sharkbyte

Perhaps the person from the angling Trust who was asked for a quote or commenting on the story was from the freshwater and coarse sector where catch and release is considered a standard practice, that is certainly my assumption, after all, the Angling trust is comprised of all sectors of the industry.

Did you actually bother to read the press release? It wasn't a "quote or commenting on the story" - it was a press release, issued by the organisation and, therefore, approved for release by them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Of course there's four, Steve.

Coarse, Game, Sea and Imaginary.

Get with the times, imaginary fishing is all the rage now. Sod going out in the wind and rain.

PS. I see that Superman has reverted back to Clark Kent again. Where's a lump of Kryptonite when you need it.

:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

Don't drink and drive.

Game? Trout and Salmon purists?

I thought they perceived themselves as different from us simple folks?

Apparently, they don't phart like we do!

B)

fishsymbol.jpg