A politician who does not mince words - refreshing

Newt

Youtube Video ->
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

He was touting the Conservative line about saving in the good years for the bad years to come, but didn't he do it well :clap2:

I really enjoyed that. I just wish that the thief from Fife had been forced to answer.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Rabbit

I reckon that we and most other countries have reached a tipping point that will never be righted. If righted is what we need to do, for I sense that a great calm has descended after the turmoil of the last 15 years or so when the public were controlled by the fiscal policies of the Governments that allowed these banks to prosper without regard as to the the inevitable consequence we now find ourselves.

So do we really need to fast track back to where we were? Do we really want to spend beyond our means? Well for me the answer is no, for I for one would welcome a period of Prudence where we can create real jobs, and a slow but sure route to recovery through sensible Government that does not pander to the Banks but actually works for it's people that elected them.

Personally I believe contrary to what we are told that this country will cope better than suggested, as we have always done in the past when the chips are down, just so long as our elected leaders actually work for the people, we will overcome, but just who will lead us? I believe Obama the right man for the job, but is Brown?

Edited by Rabbit

I reckon that we and most other countries have reached a tipping point that will never be righted. If righted is what we need to do, for I sense that a great calm has descended after the turmoil of the last 15 years or so when the public were controlled by the fiscal policies of the Governments that allowed these banks to prosper without regard as to the the inevitable consequence we now find ourselves.

So do we really need to fast track back to where we were? Do we really want to spend beyond our means? Well for me the answer is no, for I for one would welcome a period of Prudence where we can create real jobs, and a slow but sure route to recovery through sensible Government that does not pander to the Banks but actually works for it's people that elected them.

Personally I believe contrary to what we are told that this country will cope better than suggested, as we have always done in the past when the chips are down, just so long as our elected leaders actually work for the people, we will overcome, but just who will lead us? I believe Obama the right man for the job, but is Brown?

I agree , huh , did i just say that???

The problem is though , you state WE as in we of a state that was , to you , in years gone by , a state of folk that were prepared to pull the purse strings tight and not be bothered by such frivalities as we see these days.

Money , Money , Money , it's all about money and more to the point , it's more about being materialistic ; having the latest "up-to-date" gimic / icon that HAS to be seen by others as some sort of fashion status.

Just a wonder , how would our fathers / grandfathers have coped in their days with such an easy access to money in their days?

Would they have snapped up the easy money and said "balls" to the repayments like so many people have done in this age ? If so , what world would we be in now?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

"The problem with ruling people is who you get to do it. anyone who wants the job is the last person who should be allowed anywhere near it." Douglas Adams H2G2

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious"

Heres another one.

Youtube Video ->Original Video

and what he said 60 years ago has an almost spookey relevance today.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Heres another one.

Youtube Video ->Original Video

and what he said 60 years ago has an almost spookey relevance today.

Yes, good old Sir Oswald, head of the BUF that is the British Union of Fascists. A pompous little man, born to a wealthy aristocratic family and convinced that he was born to rule. Got into Parliament with the Conservatives but couldn't get on with them so defected to the Labour party. Couldn't get on with them either so he left to start the New Party but couldn't get elected. In the early 30s he met Mussolini and admired the man and his methods greatly and seeing the rise of fascism in Italy and Germany at the time he saw his opportunity and founded the BNF as a sort of cut price joke Hitler. When his wife died he married one of the Mitford sisters (another elitist, born to rule family) He got married in the drawing room of his good friend Herr Goebbels. One of the six guests was his other good friend Herr Hitler. Had he succeeded in gaining any power he would have invited them to help him in ruling the UK no doubt. In fact all he succeeded in doing was inciting a few anti Jewish riots in the East End of London, along with a few thugs. The forerunners of today's BNP possibly?

Luckily when the war started and people started dying fighting against fascism he wasn't flavour of the month and spent a few years confined in Holloway goal where he lived with his wife in a little cottage in the grounds and used the other inmates as servants. It seems that even then he persisted in his dreams of power over others.

This particular speech refers to the powers of usury by which he means international finance by which he means the Jews but maybe thought it wiser not to use the word in the circumstances.

A nasty little man with no relevance then and none now as far as I am concerned. <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Yes, good old Sir Oswald, head of the BUF that is the British Union of Fascists. A pompous little man, born to a wealthy aristocratic family and convinced that he was born to rule. Got into Parliament with the Conservatives but couldn't get on with them so defected to the Labour party. Couldn't get on with them either so he left to start the New Party but couldn't get elected. In the early 30s he met Mussolini and admired the man and his methods greatly and seeing the rise of fascism in Italy and Germany at the time he saw his opportunity and founded the BNF as a sort of cut price joke Hitler. When his wife died he married one of the Mitford sisters (another elitist, born to rule family) He got married in the drawing room of his good friend Herr Goebbels. One of the six guests was his other good friend Herr Hitler. Had he succeeded in gaining any power he would have invited them to help him in ruling the UK no doubt. In fact all he succeeded in doing was inciting a few anti Jewish riots in the East End of London, along with a few thugs. The forerunners of today's BNP possibly?

Luckily when the war started and people started dying fighting against fascism he wasn't flavour of the month and spent a few years confined in Holloway goal where he lived with his wife in a little cottage in the grounds and used the other inmates as servants. It seems that even then he persisted in his dreams of power over others.

This particular speech refers to the powers of usury by which he means international finance by which he means the Jews but maybe thought it wiser not to use the word in the circumstances.

A nasty little man with no relevance then and none now as far as I am concerned. <_<

Bleedin ell , i thought i was reading a book.................

Give the man a chance , he's only putting his thought across. <_<

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

My old grandad told me all about him. He should have been strung up along with Schurch and Joyce. They shall not pass!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

A nasty little man with no relevance then and none now as far as I am concerned.

And so the lessons of history are forgotten and the same old errors are doomed to be repeated.

Perhaps you missed this headline in your local paper the other week.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.