Stoves

Gaz51

Anyone got any good recommendations for single burner stoves.

I fancied a Coleman sportster but as I will often have my youngster with me I feel it may be a bit risky. Kids love playing with anything flame orientated and I know he will pester me to allow him to brew up.

Also, I won't be using it in very cold conditions therefore I will go for a gas powered stove.

I'm looking for a stove that offers good stability, the availability of spare gas cartridges and good quality. I also don't wish to remortgage my house to finance the purchase. (As cheap as possible in other words) :D

Many thanks. :)

I use a SunnGas stove, uses gas canisters which fit inside (approximately 2 hours cooking from each) and comes with a reasonably sturdy carry-case. Available at most good outdoor/camping shops.

Tight lines

Meant to say that it has its' own igniter too, no lighter needed :)

[ 22. March 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I use both the coleman petrol burner which is fantastic for heating food and boiling water and the sunn gas cooker which runs on canned gas and this works fine also but not at the same temprature (heat) as the coleman. You can buy the sunn gas for about £15 and ten cartriges cost £12 in Argos. The sunn gas has a piezo ignighter and is probably better where children are involved.

John S

A chap in my home town has just had a first at Crufts for his samoyed

whilst were on the subject ,i have a double burner coleman stove (the green one with the windshields) although it runs on unleaded (it hasent got the red unleaded sticker on it) its probably supposed to used the coleman fuel ,what actually is the difference is it just a case of changing jets :confused:

i will be putting it on ebay i expect as i never use it as i have a triple fuel single i prefer

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson