the easter message!

bluezulu

I guessed that FB, but I thought I'd add my bit for those deluded souls, who actually believe your comments to be true. :D

Brown day???? No way.

I see him as a weak soul, trying to do what he believes is right, but hasn't the authority, confidence, or ability, to be able to break through the confines of the fiscal policies of the last 30yrs.

John.

PS.

We could have August 9th or December 15th as Isaac Walton Day. :D

Thats a good one!

Or on the Subject Isaacs how about an Isacc Newton day without him discovering apples don't levitate God Knows where we would all be :blink:

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about getting back to you - unlike you lucky b*ggers, I had to make lunch and see to things around the house!

FB:

Just about everything you can think of has been "adapted", take the days of the week! What I am saying is that if there were enough secular people to get the law changed, you would lose ALL religious holidays (as an aside: holidays - adapted from holydays) and, a government that will add 2p tax to a LITRE of petrol in the middle of a recession, certainly aren't going to give you replacements (more work, more money for THEM!)

Where is OUR Veterans day, OUR labor (check spelling) day?

Just thoughts, OUR government would NEVER grant them!!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

So the basic message is,

"Take up a religion, and get more holidays".

Why aren't all the religious leaders putting that spin on it?

I think they would get more recruits with that, than talking about some invisible man. :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Looking at Newts holidays - they sound like holidays should, but the shower in charge over here wouldn't have 'em!! Don't the Americans celebrate Easter then Newt?

We do KB but with it always falling on a Sunday and moving around so much, I didn't include it in among the holidays that offer a day off work or off school.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sorry about getting back to you - unlike you lucky b*ggers, I had to make lunch and see to things around the house!

FB:

Just about everything you can think of has been "adapted", take the days of the week! What I am saying is that if there were enough secular people to get the law changed, you would lose ALL religious holidays (as an aside: holidays - adapted from holydays) and, a government that will add 2p tax to a LITRE of petrol in the middle of a recession, certainly aren't going to give you replacements (more work, more money for THEM!)

Where is OUR Veterans day, OUR labor (check spelling) day?

Just thoughts, OUR government would NEVER grant them!!!!

I think some firms already call Chritmas the winter holiday, we British and the Irish use the term holiday now for a jolly in Spain you could say the only religous linkn is the name.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

What I am saying is that if there were enough secular people to get the law changed, you would lose ALL religious holidays

No, we'd just call them something else. Actually, we probably wouldn't bother renaming them, we just wouldn't bother going to church for them. Exactly as we do now!

If you ask most children what Christmas or Easter is about, you are much more likely to hear "presents" or "eggs" than "Jesus". For most people in Britain, these holidays are already secular, because most people are not really religious - even the ones who go to church for births, deaths and weddings.

Guy Fawkes night falls on the 5th of November and if you don't like the religious conotations relating to the persecution of catholics (These religions are always persecuting one another over something), call it "Parliament day" and simply remember the day that the British parliament survived it's greatest threat.

We should rename it Parliamentary Accountability Day, upon which MPs ride through their town on an open trailer, and constituents supply their own rotten fruit ;)

Since starting my nurse training at 18years old,bank holidays have ceased to exist really ,we have for a long time had the BH's included in our annual holiday entitlement,unless you worked set days Tues,Weds,Thurs ,it means that we will always work them unless you actually request a holiday day,unlike BZ we don't get double time just time and a half.most of the GP surgeires have been closed from lunchtime on Thursday (usual half day) till Tuesday!!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Worms: We are talking Secular here - "Such festivals, and the stories and legends that explain their origin, were common in ancient religions." as again does your other posting.

KenL - I agree with the VE & VJ day and even with Guy Faulks, but the others would put this country back 1000s of years as they are ancient RELIGIONS!!

Winston Churchill Day? Veterens Day?

All those Solstice holidays were religious.

It would appear that the only holidays would be named ofter people - I don't think the government would want to make them holidays and with the way the governmet has treated our veterans, VE and VJ day would be a no-no.

Looking at Newts holidays - they sound like holidays should, but the shower in charge over here wouldn't have 'em!! Don't the Americans celebrate Easter then Newt?

I suppose it depends on your view of religion KB.

The 'pagan' religions were largely associated with natural happenings, moon, sun, stars, crops etc. So the solstices and equinoxes etc are not religious per se they are based on fact! That is why I included them as fact based.

If you go to the extremes of excluding all religious based holidays then we wouldn't even have days as such would we?!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!