CAR SCRAPPAGE SCHEME

Elton

Seems a very odd scheme to me!

If your car is over 10 years old, you are not the sort of person who goes out to buy a new one on a regulare basis. So will a discount of up to £2,000 make you part with your current motor?

If the plan was to stimulate the car industry, would it not be better to give the discount on cars that are in the 1-3 year old bracket.

Surely its the owners of these cars who used to trade them in for the latest model who have stopped buying new cars and caused the slump in sales.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

you lot go on as though its compulsory to chop your car in! :lol:

if you want to drive around in an old car carry on!if you want to exchange it great.take the money!

Do I get the option of not paying for it?

Steve,

Are you suggesting that some people actually have to provide the money this Government hands out willy-nilly?

That would probably come as a shock to many :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

dont think you get the option of ring fencing what your taxes are spent on,

i should imagine there would be a lot of people that would not want their money spent on an illegal war in iraq too........but thats another thread. :lol:

...why not in britain?
We probably don't have the room. It's only a little island you know. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Actually there's been a scheme running for some months now similar to the one anounced by the government. It's called Ecoflex, and its being run by various motor companies, Volkswagen, Audi, for two of them and Vauxhall and Honda (I believe).

You trade your old car in for a brand new one, one of the new super clean eco cars, and you get £1000 cash back and your vehicle is taken as full deposit. I know about this cus both my lads work for a car dismantler in Daventry and they are now so overun by all the vehicles that are coming in that they've had to obtain additional storage space. The company has been instructed that none of these vehicles are to be returned to the road and that spares can be sold from them and then what's left is to be crushed.

In the time it's been running I've seen the usual crap come in, the old C, D, E, F, G, etc. reg cars which to be honest need scrapping, but on the other hand I've seen 04 plate Mondeos, 53, 04 plate Astras and even some newer cars than that, which if the truths known I would have loved to have owned myself, and can't see for the life of me why on earth people would want to get rid of such newer cars.

All I can say is they can't be being affected by the credit crunch!................... Well not yet anyway.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

....but on the other hand I've seen 04 plate Mondeos, 53, 04 plate Astras .....

Good. At least the scheme is getting some of the crap off the roads :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

dont think you get the option of ring fencing what your taxes are spent on,

i should imagine there would be a lot of people that would not want their money spent on an illegal war in iraq too........but thats another thread. :lol:

Indeed - so if it seems to me that the scheme is pointless, and a waste of my money (and everyone else's), I reserve the right to moan about it!

Been to see the lads this morning after some spares and the Ecoteck is a Vauxhall thing only, but I've heard on the radio this morning that Ford are planning on going one better and offering £5000 yup £5000 for your car when you trade it in for a new one. This is Ford's initiative and not the governments.

So come on Elton what does that make the new RS then?? Could you manage it?? :)

Under the Ecoteck they get in 12 cars each a day on two transporters which make 120 cars a week, that's a lot of new cars so why do they say sales are down?

Looked in the yard an they've got a 56, 57 plate Vectra, that came yesterday :huh: That's supposed to be old???? and past it?? Oh yeah it's a Vectra nuff said :rolleyes:

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing