Animal testing

Ken L

The animal rights brigade are at it again. Today, they're marching in London.

They may be very vocal but I wouldn't have my sight if it wasn't for sugical techniques developed and practiced on animals.

I personally know many people who would now be dead or very seriously disabled were it not for tests, techniques or drugs developed through animal testing.

I'm all for improved animal welfare and experimental oversight but these people are nuts.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One bright spark suggested that animal testing was unfair, because they get stressed out and give the wrong answers.

It's interesting to note that these protesters don't seem to be queuing up to use themselves as human guinea-pigs (the words were intentional).

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The animal rights brigade are at it again. Today, they're marching in London.

No, Ken, that was the London Marathon.

Should have gone to Specsavers :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

No, Ken, that was the London Marathon.

Should have gone to Specsavers :D

:lol:

Now that was funny!

Not one soul living in any technological sociaty today hasnt benifited from animal experimtation in one shape or form, and wont benifit in the future. I dont feel fully comfortable with it, but to deny its neccesity would be foolish,

as Ken said Oversight and good legislation is the only awnser.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I'm all in favour of a bit of animal tasting; especially with a nice pepper sauce and some deep fried crispy chips

We should organise a carnivores' pressure group and call it something obtuse like People Eating Tasty Animals.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The called their site PETA.org until the bunny huggers took them to court and made them change it.

http://mtd.com/tasty/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Eating_Tasty_Animals

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

We should organise a carnivores' pressure group and call it something obtuse like People Eating Tasty Animals.

To qoute the great Homer Simpson If you wernt supposed to eat animals they wouldn't be made of meat! :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!