have lost my desktop icons

err not sure what i have done been in task manager ...seem to have lost all icons off the desk top

and the icons along the bottom have scarpered ....not sure how to shut the pc down now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Not sure how you will have lost your desk top icons in using task manager, but try this.

Right click on your desktop and select View, and tick the box Show Desktop Icons, hope this sorts it for you.

err not sure what i have done been in task manager ...seem to have lost all icons off the desk top

and the icons along the bottom have scarpered ....not sure how to shut the pc down now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CTRL+ALT+DEL

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Have you looked down the back of the couch Judy?

Whenever I lose stuff, I usually find it there. :unsure:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Right click on your desktop and select View, and tick the box Show Desktop Icons, hope this sorts it for you.

On mine (Win XP) I have to select *Arrange Icons By* and then tick *Show Desktop Icons*

thanks guys..

Gozzer ....trev had been sitting on them :D:D

the pc has been chuntering away for ages decided to check what was going on in task manager and i stopped a couple of things and poof they disapeared ....all ok now!!!!! these pc's must be femine as they are really tempremental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

It was probably the 'explorer' task you accidentally shutdown. That usually gets rid of your icons. If that's the case then you can use task manager again to start it by clicking FILE -> NEW TASK (RUN) and the typing 'explorer'.. Everything then usually reappears :)