Aah, the bank holidays

Anderoo

Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive...

Unfortunately, as that quote continues

... but to be young was very heaven.

When twenty first century "young" is experiencing his "very heaven", he tends to do so with complete disregard for everyone else!

Indeed :D and of course the topic of the poem is revolution...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the irony of some twerp splooshing massive leads in on 6 rods but taking the trouble to wear cammo. What a cretin.

Not sure I would have stayed the night to be honest, but then again if it's a choice of fishing or not fishing, the former is always going to win.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I don't mind blanking, that's fine, I'm pretty good at it :D but this to me is the antithesis of what fishing is about.

Here here. This Saturday morning (6am) I was surprised to find myself alone. Unfortunately that only lasted until midday when wheelbarrow brigade started to arrive. I left soon after, fed up with the noise.

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

I feel your pain Anderoo.

Now, do you think they were genuinely ignorant about the noise and nuisance they were causing? Or do you think they knew what they were doing but couldn't give a crap about anyone else?

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

I feel your pain Anderoo.

Now, do you think they were genuinely ignorant about the noise and nuisance they were causing? Or do you think they knew what they were doing but couldn't give a crap about anyone else?

That's a good question! A bit of both I think, probably erring on the side of not caring. If I have someone casting into my swim who I think isn't aware of what he's doing, I'll go over and point out where I'm fishing (usually followed by an apology and a chat), but when it's clear the person couldn't care less I don't bother, as it wouldn't achieve anything - and an argument is likely to get us both in bother with the baliff.

So, I did the British thing - cursed inwardly, and fished the margins :D Then moaned about it on the internet :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

That's a good question! A bit of both I think, probably erring on the side of not caring. If I have someone casting into my swim who I think isn't aware of what he's doing, I'll go over and point out where I'm fishing (usually followed by an apology and a chat), but when it's clear the person couldn't care less I don't bother, as it wouldn't achieve anything - and an argument is likely to get us both in bother with the baliff.

So, I did the British thing - cursed inwardly, and fished the margins :D Then moaned about it on the internet :rolleyes:

Yes I think it's often a bit of both too. There are a lot of people who've spent their whole lives being noisy, their parents were probably noisy too and no ones ever told them that they're disturbing other people. You only have to walk around town to see families who are completely ignorant about how noisy they are. I think a lot of people genuinely have no idea that they're disturbing other people.

I was always brought up not to bother other people so I think I'm very sensitive. I don't mind the odd cry of excitement but the shouting across swims (and sometimes across ponds) is not on. "You caught anything mate?"............. "What?............ "Nah it's crap here innit?"................. "What?"............... "Yeah".............

There are also those who know they're in the wrong but just go and do it anyway. I've only once confronted someone about this. On a small river ironically enough! It doesn't make you feel any better though. I prefer to just walk away. Life's too short.

There's a nice reservoir near me with lovely fish in it. It small though (4 acres) and is well known so it's just not worth going to in the summer. There's one particular swim right on a patrol route. You can drop a bait a rod length out and float fish for the carp. But it's opposite swims on another bank and people prefer to stay on that bank (loads of room for bivvies) rather than just fish the more cramped bank. This means that if you don't get onto the cramped bank before the bivvies get on the other bank (not easy when they're there for 3 days!) then you get shouted at for fishing 'their' swim.

I don't care how people choose to fish but I always feel as if I'm the one going out of my way not to disturb other people but the people who I'm trying not to disturb are the people who don't give a crap about anyone else!!!

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Know the feeling Anderoo, it's happened to me on my local gravelpit unfortunately, as i use to love fishing there and have been on and off for nearly 30 years ( carp fishing ).

Now given up carp fishing as disillusioned with the unaducated, underdeveloped and mostly unaware new breed of carp angler now on the scene.

Sorry to say it but i think it reflexes society in general now adays.

Started going back to my roots and now enjoy nothing better than trotting a float down one of the fabulous chalk streams we have down south.

That all sounds like a ruddy nightmare. I know a good lake out in the midst of Suffolk that contains very healthy numbers of large Tench and used to be a lovely lake to fish but I can't bring myself to. The last time I did resulted in a very similar situation. It's ugly.