sleeping in a bivvy

I tend to just wear nice comfy joggers and and tea shirt, Keep the boots in the doorway of the bivvy. I Rarely sleep and fish though, Most of my session fishing nowadays is after tench so i like to be a bit more tentative. So i sleep during the less productive times. I always try to get the rods as close to the door as possible, There's nothing worse than them first few seconds when you are woken by a take in the night and fumble about trying to get to the rods. One lake i use to fish years a go had steep clay banks and they were treacherous after it had rained. I ended up in the drink so many times me mates were going to put isotopes on the heels of my shoes.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, everyone - very helpful.

Another question - what do you eat?! Do you just stock up on Mars Bars, or take lots of sandwiches - or take a break and go down the chippy?

look here

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

How about sleeping in the Selk Bag featured on last night's 'The Apprentice' :rolleyes:

Nah, they don't make them in camo'.

(Do they make you stand like a prat, or is it optional?) :unsure:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I used to have a German Army issue sleeping bag.It had arms and the bottom un zipped so you could put your feet through it and wear it like a parka.Was great for Zander fishing where I tend to sit up in a chair at night rather than sleep.Dont know if they are still available from surplus stores?

A 10 second Google and yes they do and reasonably priced as well!-

http://www.singersoutdoors.co.uk/showprodu...0&r=0/0/0/0

s-bag_german_s.jpg

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

s-bag_german_s.jpg

She thought the giant thermal fleece "romper suit" was funny enough, if I buy one of those my wife will quite literally injure herself laughing at me! :lol:

Honest they are superb! Soon as Ive got some dough Im going to get another now I know you can still get them.

Dont know why more night anglers havnt switched on to them......must be the lack of a label.........

Incidently dont think they are just like wearing a one piece suit they are a proper sleeping bag.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!