Fix the economy

Ken L

I have seen people come out of their examination and run accross the road and vault over a 1.2m high barrier in the middle of the dual carrageway.

Probably claiming on grounds of 'stress'!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why mention it? If I had seen that I would have walked straight into the offices and say that the person has jumped over the barriers - the can then do something about it - they can't if they don't knowanything about it!! I was IN the DSS offices, awaiting Brenda's enquiry when a man of about 35 hobbled in to a tribunal on two sticks - he came out furious!! walked out of the office to the lift with the sticks under his arm!! When I told the usher, he went into the tribunal and came back laughing - seems he had been turned down......

Alan Stubbs In South Africa an Englishman is called a Rooinek (red neck) due to the crison uniform worn by the British at the boer war.

There is AFAIK only one other country that called the British "Englanders"

But we digress:

The EU cannot explain what is happening to the money, our vote is lost before we ever start (name one "directive" fowarded by Britain that has been adopted without alteration!)......THEY speak WE jump!!

I still think that we cannot AFFORD to belong to the EU. Apart from paying an exhorbitant amount into the "black hole" that is the EU and having to abide by badly thought out and harmful "diectives" (that we seem to be the only ones who follow it to the letter!), We are rapidly losing OUR fishing gounds due to overfishing - look how many of our fishing fleet can no longer go to sea.!

IMHO I think that when the fishing grounds are deleted we will be told to pay more or leave the EU - by that time it will be too late!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Have to agree with K B on the fishing debarcle, they, the eu, have been 'controlling' the fishing industry for many years now and can't get it right. Absolutly useless, waste of money, stock control, paperwork, etc, etc and it still ain't right, never will be with these gormless, faceless europrats in ermmmm control. Ten years it took for a plan to safeguard the common eel stock, thats not to say they have saved it, just a plan. Sounds about right. And they want to control the rsa with article 47, it is a joke ain't it. :huh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8008939.stm

More in this link, they intimate that even the scientists don't know how perilous the state of the stocks are. They are not managing it, they are party to destroying the fish stocks and the industry. Welcome to the eu. Wonder how much all these scientists and men in suits have been earning out all of our money that we have paid in and for what? :yucky:

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...nths_early.html

Fisheries Commissioner Joe Borg blamed inaccurate catch reporting for the situation, but insisted it was not too late.Scientists are unaware of the state of nearly two-thirds of Europe's fish stocks, the European Commission admitted this afternoon.

No. I blame weak management from the top down.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Why mention it? If I had seen that I would have walked straight into the offices and say that the person has jumped over the barriers - the can then do something about it - they can't if they don't knowanything about it!! I was IN the DSS offices, awaiting Brenda's enquiry when a man of about 35 hobbled in to a tribunal on two sticks - he came out furious!! walked out of the office to the lift with the sticks under his arm!! When I told the usher, he went into the tribunal and came back laughing - seems he had been turned down......

Alan Stubbs In South Africa an Englishman is called a Rooinek (red neck) due to the crison uniform worn by the British at the boer war.

There is AFAIK only one other country that called the British "Englanders"

But we digress:

The EU cannot explain what is happening to the money, our vote is lost before we ever start (name one "directive" fowarded by Britain that has been adopted without alteration!)......THEY speak WE jump!!

I still think that we cannot AFFORD to belong to the EU. Apart from paying an exhorbitant amount into the "black hole" that is the EU and having to abide by badly thought out and harmful "diectives" (that we seem to be the only ones who follow it to the letter!), We are rapidly losing OUR fishing gounds due to overfishing - look how many of our fishing fleet can no longer go to sea.!

IMHO I think that when the fishing grounds are deleted we will be told to pay more or leave the EU - by that time it will be too late!!

You are a truly deaf to the obvious tw*t! I made the observation that th 'Little Englander' comment was a quote by a British politician and had nothing to do with Rooineks. Nuttal's encyclopaedia gives the following: "Little Englanders, those politicians who hold that English statesmen should concern themselves with England only and its internal affairs. " This made the point I was putting across really quite accurately...as both Captain Cojones and Sportsman amongst, probably many others except you, seemd to grasp quite easily.

You still think we cannot afford the EU cost, but again you express an opinion and offer no balanced or realistic argument suggesting where, for example, the loss in trade revenue would be taken up.

You whinge incessantly about the adminstration of the EU and the 'diectives' (sic), but fail to mention that for every directive which becomes law, 1 common law replaces at least 27 others across the EU. It's called 'harmony' and implies people working together except you seem to think a retrenchment to a situation worse than American isolationism was back in the period from 1900 - 1943.

As it happens I do think the CAP and Fishing policies are in desperate need of reform, but it doesn't mean the ideal of the EU are wrong, and other people's interpretation of EU rules to their own benefit means membership is a bad thing. We burnt our bridges with historical markets and we aare whether we like it or not, for the moment tied to the EU.

You repeatedly, and ad nauseam complain about it, but never suggest a single workable alternative. Why? Because you haven't got one. Why? Either you're thick as porcine pooh or just possibly you can't admit that there isn't one...because it will show what a Little Englander you really are.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

You were saying, Rabbit :

Greengrocer Michael Goggin

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date: 13 November 2008

Specific market rules are to stay in place for the 10 products which account for 75 per cent of EU fruit and veg trade - apples, citrus fruit, kiwi fruit, lettuces, peaches/nectarines, pears, strawberries, sweet peppers, table grapes and tomatoes.

Curvy cucumbers and nobbly carrots will be back on sale in Ulster shops from next July, after the EU yesterday gave the chop to "ridiculous" laws which banned them from the shelves.

Northern Ireland grocers and supermarkets will soon be able to sell imperfect-looking fruit and veg, for the first time in 20 years.

EU-wide marketing standards ensuring only the finest-looking produce reaches the shops were deemed rotten to the core by the European Union Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel.

EU standards stipulated the size and shape of 36 types of fruit and veg sold in Europe, from apricots to watermelons.

But 26 types of fruit and veg, including artichokes, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, onions, peas, carrots, plums, and ribbed celery will have their shape restrictions lifted.

And national authorities could exempt even those 10 from the rules on shape and size, as long as they are put on sale labelled as "product intended for processing" or something similar.

Ulster MEP Jim Nicholson today welcomed the European Commission's decision of the "Bendy Banana legislation", as long overdue.

The laws would go down in EU folklore as another example of "ridiculous and intrusive" EU legislation, he said.

"At last the Commission has seen sense," the MEP commented.

"In a time of financial instability and with food prices rising it was becoming an even more crazy position to take. Food is food no matter what it looks like. The vast majority of consumers are concerned about the taste and quality of food, not if a carrot is 5mm over the permitted bend ratio!

"It is now incumbent on the large multiples to follow the lead of the European Commission and start stocking fruit and vegetables of all shapes and sizes. To disregard perfectly good fruit and vegetables during a food and credit crisis is morally repugnant."

When the mis-shapen produce does reach the shelves, retailers estimate it could be sold as much as 40 PER CENT cheaper than the current "class one" goods.

A Commission spokesman said: "These rules were originally asked for by the fruit and veg industry, because when a wholesaler orders crates of cucumbers, he needs to have some idea of the quality of the produce. We then based our rules on international standards applied by a committee of the United Nations.

"However, times have changed, and we agreed during negotiations last year that we could get rid of red tape in this area.

"Now household budgets are tighter and there is the problem of wasting food too, so it makes more sense than ever to allow people to buy mis-shapen fruit and veg if they wish."

Commissioner Boel said: "This marks a new dawn for the curvy cucumber and the nobbly carrot. It's a concrete example of our drive to cut unnecessary red tape."

The full article contains 517 words and appears in n/a newspaper.Page 1 of 1

Last Updated: 13 November 2008 10:11 AM

Source: n/a

Bookmark:

Del.icio.us Digg Facebook reddit StumbleUpon

And if I knew how to do it I would publish the EU document itself!!

ive just seen this,unfortunatly it is worthless as a reputably sourced document...mainly because it doesnt give a source!

(4th line from the bottom....source n/a) ....not available.

It could have been written by Nick griffin or kelvin mckenzie.

could i suggest you click on the following?

http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/press/eu...uromyths_en.htm

This the E.U webpage,that has been set up so people can read about the myths,that are often put in the uk press,masquerading as true stories.

all the old favourites are in there...including your curved bananas.

There is also a direct email link at the top right of the page,

where you can send direct enquires to the press office.

This is what we in the trade called a sourced document. :lol:

I like the "europe without england" one best :lol::lol:

the england one is not a good example! wales did not appear on a EU map and England has been divided into regions despite the north voting against it ;

the vitamin one is also wrong anything can kill in the wrong dosage even drinking too much water thus everything can be dangerous .

"natural" does not exist! nothing in a container is natural ,no extractions are natural ,nothing is natural unless your picking it off the plant probably within 10 miles of your house :rolleyes: and the "natural" tag that appears to mean its safe to take would include YEW leaves? fox gloves ,deadly nightshade etc etc etc all are "natural" but definately not safe!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/press/eu...hs/index_en.htm

here is another updated list........apparently they get updated often........something to do with the tabloid press that exists in britain............. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

interesting though,that the one to do with "fish" doesnt appear to work??art 47??

http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/press/eu.../myth167_en.htm

good one above for all the conspiracy theorists! :lol:

Edited by captain cojones

Alan Stubbs - I cannot say anything that I see with my own eyes! I am NOT blinkered as you quite apparantly are! If I produce PROOF of what I say, then you say It is PROPAGANDA by Europhobes, If I give an opinion I am a tw*t!!

I think the best thing I can do is ignore you and your rabid pro - Euro raving!!

You will not or cannot listen to others who bring proof - Bananas, Cucumbers, Black holes which are unaudited, fishing grounds that are all but depleted etc,etc. - yet you STILL INSIST that anyone that says the EU has something wrong with it, you call a tw*t. I wonder who the real tw*t is?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

i find this one strange

These articles are utterly false and have no basis in reality. Here are the facts:

This has nothing to do with drawing up administrative borders, which is something the UK is deciding on

This is nothing new :

INTERREG (European Territorial Cooperation objective since 2007) which promotes cross-border, transnational and interregional cooperation has existed since 1990 when the first Community Initiative was launched (INTERREG II : 1994-1999, INTERREG III 2000-2007)

In total UK participates in 4 cross-border, 4 transnational and in all the interregional (networking) programmes (see attached country fiche).

The only new programme the UK is participating in is the quadrilateral "2 Seas" cross-border cooperation programme involving FR, UK, BE, NL which has been created in 2007 because all coastal areas in the Channel area have become eligible for cross-border cooperation.

Neither of the two cross-border cooperation programmes across the English Channel are yet officially adopted. There are e.g. no official maps of the type shown.

There are some serious errors of fact:

There are absolutely no secret plans and no goal of creating a United States of Europe. The process has been entirely transparent and has involved local politicians of all parties.

There are no transnational regional assemblies.

The name of the programme across the English Channel between UK and France will feature in both languages.

The maps indicated in the articles have not been produced by the Commission/EU.

There are absolutely no provisions that projects have to fly the EU flag at least one week every year (this is for the managing authority only).

The articles are riddled with mis-representations, such as:

The Channel programme is not "ruled" by Lille. The joint managing authority (appointed by the participating partner countries) is located there and the programme is steered by a programme monitoring committee which includes an equal share of members from the participating countries.

isnt the sea a transnational regional assemblies :D

but perhaps no transnational ones but they exist anyway

http://www.wmra.gov.uk/ + the rest

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson