Fix the economy

Ken L

tsk tsk tsk ,the better tents have bogs where you can **** inside from inside and sites club houses where you can **** outside inside :rolleyes:

not sure where yoour figures for EU trade comes from but here it suggests more trade is outside the EU

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/trd0509.pdf

you also have (as i have said before)to take out of the equation foreign owned firms with nothing more than UK assembly workers! "UK" as a an exporter in reality doesnt exist then as the companies are not being (if they have any sense) taxed by the uk as a company only the workers are and the workers export nothing!

IE cars made in UK in BMW plants ,we make them nothing more ,BMW (germany) exports and imports them and probably any tax is paid in germany (if its cheaper than the UK or monaco for instance if its not) we gain jobs yes but "we" dont export cars! we get tax yes but from the workers or companies that may fabricate parts for BMW in this country but they dont export cars either ,if you mean "trade" as in provide labour then your probably correct we are cheap labour which in reality is only here because the gov (our one) probably pumps more £ in in bribes than it could ever receive in tax from BMW so this "trade" isnt bumping up the economy in the slightest.

i wonder how many solely british companies there are ? if they aint british they certainly wont be paying british tax ,the government seems to love foreign companies getting companies over here !is britain being sold of in lots behind the scenes

What about British companies plying their business outside Britain? Banks with overseas Branches? Telecoms businesses operating abroa and other conglomerates? Are they counted as British or foreign?

I was getting rather irritated at the incessant complaints from an 'incomer' on this site that all our problems are EU, or immigrant related, with rarely any proof - unless unsubstantiated opinion counts....

:-(

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'incomer' you mean immigrants have invaded AN :o

i think in reality most branches of "our" (is there any?) companies overseas are running at a loss bolstered up by inflated prices here merely to fail as a tax ploy ;)

the only ones i can think of that make money overseas are oil etc but is BP totally british?.

its a100% definate (keyboard stopped responding!) that no brit company could compete anywhere if they charged british prices so we pay more so foreigners pay less

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Alan Stubbs - I mentioned the banana episode along with the fact that they cannot account for a very large hole in their accounts, their fisheries policies etc. and you hounded me calling me a tw*T and INSISTING that it was a myth, no matter what I said, I was Europhobic (you got that right!! - I wasn't untill I started looking deeper!!). Despite evidence after evidence you have kept the insistence that we MUST stay in this con called the EU!! Now that I have shown you up as a Europhile, you call ME a bigot!!

To me it just a place for more so called polititians to stick their snouts in a bigger trough that is the EU - and we MUST be among those that fill that trough - NO THANK YOU!!!

By the way I was born here from (both) parents who can trace there British ancestorship back at least 6 generations, my dad was transferred by a company called Dorman Long to South Africa - I returned over 20 years ago and have paid a large share of both incme tax and NI, if that makes ME an "incomer" - that makes you a bigger bigot!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Alan Stubbs - I mentioned the banana episode along with the fact that they cannot account for a very large hole in their accounts, their fisheries policies etc. and you hounded me calling me a tw*T and INSISTING that it was a myth, no matter what I said, I was Europhobic (you got that right!! - I wasn't untill I started looking deeper!!). Despite evidence after evidence you have kept the insistence that we MUST stay in this con called the EU!! Now that I have shown you up as a Europhile, you call ME a bigot!!

To me it just a place for more so called polititians to stick their snouts in a bigger trough that is the EU - and we MUST be among those that fill that trough - NO THANK YOU!!!

By the way I was born here from (both) parents who can trace there British ancestorship back at least 6 generations, my dad was transferred by a company called Dorman Long to South Africa - I returned over 20 years ago and have paid a large share of both incme tax and NI, if that makes ME an "incomer" - that makes you a bigger bigot!!

Where did I insist that the large hole in the accounts was a myth? - Where's the evidence prove I saior wrote that? I'll accept your apology. Or is this another lie to make a point? that wouldn't be the first time you've done it, would it? I tell you straight...it's the latter. I am not a lover of the EU...I tolerate it at best. Where in my posts have I ever written in favour of the work done by the EU? You'd need to look hard to see anything approaching it, but as that requires you getting off your a55 to do a bit of honest research, I won't hold my breath.

For the record, I see the EU as an occupational hazard, to be tolerated at best. I am pragmatic in approach, not a bigotted xenophobe like KB.

You obviously have a problem with the English language, would it help if I translate into Afrikaans for you? Or, more suitably, perhaps I could take lessions in another language of which you seem to have a quality grasp..it's called Bullsh*t.. Must be the sun got to you in South Africa - or you were born stupid? That I can forgive. Wanton lying, I won't, and you seem to be lying, wantonly.

By comparison to me, you are a relative 'incomer'. I have over 38 years' full and consecutive NI contributions and tax returns to my name...as if that's any of your business.

In terms of bigotry - the definition of which is "the attitude or state of mind of intolerance" - just to be clear about this...where have I ever, EVER written disparagingly about British immigration policy?

I lived for the first 15 years of my life with my parents living abroad and I attended boarding school in the UK. I take the attitude that I am no better than anyone else; well, a certain poster excepted.

I do not give a damn about ethnicity, skin colour, religion or birthright. As far as I'm concerned, if Britain is a popular destination for people from other countries to want to live, we must, by definition, be a fundamentally decent country. Are you wanting to change that? If you don't like it, by all means complain..it's a freedom the British hold dear. However, don't lie in order to support your complaint. it isn't nice.

You still haven't corrected your lie about £5bn a day for membership of the EU, in spite of evidence to prove you wrong by any yardstick. Nor, unsurprisingly have you accepted my requests that you take a solutions-based approach and rather than whinge ad nauseam about the EU and propounding Britain's withdrawal, try giving us the benefit of your 'wisdom' and tell us how we make up the revenue shortfall in the short and medium term after any such withdrawal.

That is something I'd pay to read.

You do9 of course, realise how pathetic you are sounding. You know full well that I mentioned the black hole in many of my postings as well as the fishery problems! To save you embarrasment I asked YOU for ANY audited documents of their incomings and outgoings for the last ten fiscal years!

You ignored this, but instead jumped on the banana issue!!

When asked why, you replied:

I was getting rather irritated at the incessant complaints from an 'incomer' on this site that all our problems are EU, or immigrant related, with rarely any proof - unless unsubstantiated opinion counts....

To whom were you calling an incomer - I (AFAIK) am the only one that mentions the fact that I was overseas, so I have to assume you were talking about me.

Was I getting too close to the fact that the EU is NOT the answer to all our problems, but is probably adding to them.

If it is such a good idea and people will vote with a resounding yes! then why do we not have a vote?

If the vote was yes then I will agree with the majority - It's called democracy not bigotry!

Edited by kleinboet

You do9 of course, realise how pathetic you are sounding. You know full well that I mentioned the black hole in many of my postings as well as the fishery problems! To save you embarrasment I asked YOU for ANY audited documents of their incomings and outgoings for the last ten fiscal years!

You ignored this, but instead jumped on the banana issue!!

When asked why, you replied:

To whom were you calling an incomer - I (AFAIK) am the only one that mentions the fact that I was overseas, so I have to assume you were talking about me.

Was I getting too close to the fact that the EU is NOT the answer to all our problems, but is probably adding to them.

If it is such a good idea and people will vote with a resounding yes! then why do we not have a vote?

If the vote was yes then I will agree with the majority - It's called democracy not bigotry!

I've know people in a PVS with a better intellect than you.

I said had HADN'T questioned or doubted the black hole in the accounts, you moron. Why ask me to do the research YOU should have done to support your argument?

I was calling you an 'incomer'...it was blindingly obvious to half wit...why the need to question it? That's obvious, too. I stand by what I sid...you are a racist bigot, based upon your complaints about British immigration policy.

I didn't jump on the banana issue...I jumped on your lie about membership cost of the EU - which you still haven't answered or given evidence to support the figures you bandy about without reference.

Al I'm asking is that if you wish to make a point, or have a rant which involves staistics, give your reference pooint first...otherwise, your track record casts doubt upon the fundamental accuracy of them and your own levels of honesty.

Not much to ask, is it. Probably too much for you, though.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

If you had bothered to look, you would have seen that I freely aknowledged my error on the amount - see post # 16, (but not the fact that we pay an OBSCENE amount of money) we pay to the EU!!

Unlike you, I will take criticism from others. It would appear that in your case insults are all that you can reply with. Unfortunately, your remark about an "incomer has labeled you foever as a person with racist leanigs and a total bigot! I am, as much an an englishmen (and, based on your remarks, maybe more so) as you are! I had a CHOICE of passports when I turned 18 and Chose to stay as an Englishman, not and an English speaking South African!

As for my complaint about immigration - what's your view? - are you happy to HAVE to allow unlimited EU immigrants to this Country!

Here is a littltle poem for you:

For all we knowit may be so

but it all sounds rather queer

We hate to disagree with you

but please don't BS here!

If you two want to bicker, can you do it in PM? Thank you.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

If you two want to bicker, can you do it in PM? Thank you.

I'm sorry john. I hope the kaffir basher has the decency to apologise too.