Sorry about this

Alan Taylor

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alan all the best

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Ditto - do not let me down Alan,I have big plans for us. :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Does anyone know how Alan is getting on? Last chemo was to have been Friday.

I just started my clinical trial last monday, I'm on immunotherapy and chemotherapy and feel awful. I think I'm more of a whimp than I thought I was. Alan certainly needs all the support he can get, so please keep sending your best wishes, while ever he needs it.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

You are certainly not a whimp John just being a nice ,normal human being..

I agree with you Alan needs as much support as we can give him,but really that goes with out saying on this wonderfull AN site.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

NurseJudy, I love you. You nurses always say exactly the right things when us patient folk need a little boost

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Sorry folks and especially John :(

The chemo takes different people in different ways and the amount of pain, hair loss, bowel problems etc varies.

I had my last one on Friday and the first few days are usually the worst but in my case it gets easier as it goes along.

As you know from previous topics I have this phobia about needles and suffer a lot, well you would not believe it but Fridays Nurse told me that IF I get another chemo then there is a cream that if applied 1 hour before the needle it kills the pain completely :eek:not bad information to have after 7 lots of chemo and God knows how many blood tests.

That is not all, after being pumped full of salt water she noticed that the medication was not running so we had to start all over again :rolleyes:

Now if you think that is bad enough then just wait for this one. I spoke to my Sister and evidently our fly fishing trip at the end of the month is from very small boats so it is limited tackle and I assume oxygeon bottles PLUS casting out from the sitting down position I can only just cast standing up so who knows what will happen.

Unlike Judy who has a lot of experience with different types of people and treatments I can only go on my own experience(s)

The support from AN on the forum is a great help to myself and Sonja, I will not embarrass the couple of people that I speak to on the phone on a regular basis but getting THERE news is also a big help.

I get my results from the last chemo on the 19th and if it is working then the treatment goes on, if it is not working then who knows but we are still fishing with my Sister at the end of the month and then off to Davy with my mate Frans for 2 days on the Catchalot :)

As for being a wimp, try putting up with me, I am the worlds worst but you can't see beyond the screen.

Just hang in there, sleep if you are tired and just take it as easy as possible, it gets easier as it goes along.

I miss my fishing but enjoy reading about others exploits.

Hang in there John and the rest of you thank you all for your support for the both of us.

Alan

[ 02. May 2005, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

You are far from being a Wimp my friend. The mental anguish of facing an unknown future must be higher than the physical discomfort which you know will only last the time taken to administer the Chemo.

As for putting up with you, I hope we have to do so for a long long time to come.

Best wishes from all at the Dark Mile Ferox.

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk