Sorry about this

Alan Taylor

Brilliant news :D

Firstly though again thanks for your support, not only for myself but for the advice and kind words that have been passed on to others via this topic.

I do happen to know that some of our experiences are being talked about off line :)

John, sorry its not going too well, chin up mate.

As for being ignored by your friend, yes I have had the same thing happen and as mentioned people are scared of Cancer and also putting ther foot in it when speaking, it is so easy to say some thing innocently but cause total upset. The land lady of one pub sugested that I dyed my hair (its now grey). For Gods sake I am lucky to still have my BLOODY HAIR :mad:

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS.

I have been having terrible breathing and sleeping problems for months now, mainly due to still smoking and the damage done to my wind pipes etc.

WELL on Wed I went for a reduced laser treatment, reduced because on Thur I was in for chemo and the full laser treatment can cause some slight upsets to the system.

Wed Night I had a slightly better nights sleep and on Thur morning felt BRILLIANT, strait onto the balcony to tidy up the plants, shower and shave in the shower room with no problem from the steam, cleaned out the van inside etc etc etc, great days work thugh still having to watch the breathing.

Thursday got the shock of my life, went to bed at 2300 and woke up at 0630 THEN went back to sleep until 0730 :D:D

Loads of Vitamins to take but this has changed my day to day life.

My mate and I go in for the FULL laser treatment on the 7th June which is going to be one hectic day, Sonja has her Driving Theory exam, a debtor should pay his final payment Oh and its my Birthday :D

Jim Doyle, I don't know how this keeps happening mate but when people send me pressies they arrive just after I have read there post about it on AN.

Yours arrived just as I was typing this, thanks mate they will be used on Mon or Tue, looking good.

I know this is getting a bit long but some of us need it.

Less than a day to go and as Norrie and I say when we are off with Davy BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING

:D

Tight lines all

Alan

[ 27. May 2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, save yourself a bit of money and swim over tomorrow :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Alan, I think you've just cheered everyone up with that news. Bloody great stuff.

This clinical trial I'm on is going fine, it's just what it does to me that's not too clever.

I was on Interluken-2 twice a day last week on Wednesady,Thursday,Friday and Joan said she was frightened of me and was fearful I would have knifed her if she'd come near me. Is that heavy going or what

I'm finished with that stuff now, but what I'm on now gives you constant dry lips and mouth and makes you tired and a fuzzy head, but it's far more managable than the other. Today marks 5 weeks completed of 8. Out of curiosity, I asked my support nurse "how many pull out at this stage then?" She said 90% pull out after weeks 1 or 4, so while what's coming is still not very nice, it's better than what I've had. I'll be there at the end for my 'Blue Peter' badge and looking forward to fishing again.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Elton:

In that case, save yourself a bit of money and swim over tomorrow  

Water wings on a wheel chair, better get myself over to the kayak forum for advice :D:D

John, I have never been into taking vitamins but evidently the are 50 different types of salt that help our bodies, 4 of them are in our every day food. The lack of them is due evidently to the way our food of grown

I have been lectured so much that I now take Multi vitamin (A - z) twice a day (other 46 salts are in there), Vitamin C time release and the latest from the Laser lady has "New Care supplements, care for life, special Acidophilus".

Its a Dutch brand but New Care is the Trade mark, could be worth a Google seach. Seems to be bit of a sedative

Hang in there mate and take every day as it comes.

Seems like your wife has had to put up with what Sonja has been putting up with for the last 14 YEARS :D give her a big hug and cuddle, it helps em no end and shows that deep down they are appreciated :cool:

Home made steak and Kidney pie for tea on Saturday (or dinner out) but fresh TROUT on Monday :P

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

You guys are a true inspiration. I can't imagine how tough things are for you but.......

Well what can I say, you are just amazing and I wish you all the best wishes I can muster, get well very soon.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

come on alan dye your hair your only young once

i had a perm in the 80's

and tracy tried to highlight my hair in the 90's.....looked like i'd been standing at trafalgar square at feeding time

several dyes later and a number one you could hardly tell it had gone wrong :D:D:D:D

[ 30. May 2005, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: tack4 ]

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

You will still be on the bank in 20 years, i can see it, :cool: i bet things are really tough, i hope everything goes well. :)

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

I've read extensively over the years about diet, vitimins, nutrients, exercise regimes etc. You know as well as I do, daily recommended intakes of this and that vitimin have changed that many times over the years.

Believe it or not, but one of my favorite reads is called 'Cancer how to prevent it and how to help your doctor fight it'. Basically, it's about research done at universities, much like the trial I now find myself on. But when all said and done, it does not matter how much I know or do not know about what's wrong with me, I can't do anything about it other than what I'm told. If they tell me to take vitimins I'll take them. All they have told me to do is to eat as normally as I can and if I'm tired, rest.

The doctors don't half love it when you bowl into the surgery armed to the teeth with info jacked off the net. The way I see it, is it's their job, that's what they do every day and I do have every faith in what they are doing.

Hope I've still got the same faith in 5 years time .

Oh Tack4, how you've upset us! Make that DYE your hair please. I'll keep smiling through if you do. I'm oooooooooookay.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hope all are well

appologies from the heart of my bottom or is that the bottom of my heart :D:D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics