Keep it nice please

Huge_Vitae

As always, It is never my intention to cause unrest amongst AN Posters, but this subject has been the cause of much thought over the last few seconds.

I apologise to the Mods if this thread gets locked or, indeed is the cause of excess moderation team time but I really do have to know the view of fellow posters.

Reading the posts about Ross and Norton here have bolstered my view that we can sensibly discuss this issue.

NOW, when preparing carrots for cooking, should they be cut longwise (Julienne) or cross cut (Carrot Rondelles) or perhaps Carrot Ovals, personally I think Carrot Triangles should be banned as the work of Satan and Grated Carrots are only considered by those who would dive to the depths of humanity in the consumption of 'Mushy Peas?

Should sugar be added or not?

Blimey, so many questions in so short a post. :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longwise makes them cook better and, therefore, taste better. They also look better on the plate.

However, if you cut carrots longwise, then you're a poof.

It's definitely a tricky one.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

errr can we ask if its white or brown sugar or is that bordering on colour predudice?

carrots are naturally sliced in tins and thus because they are allowed to be in tins (not seen a carrot tinning plant being smited yet) thus god says carrots are sliced across the carrot and no more than 16th of an inch thick :P

slicing in any other manner is foreign and probably a short cut to hell ,ofcourse this is only hearsay real men don't eat veg cause it doesnt have meat in it thus its animal food ,if cows wern't supposed to be eaten why are they full of meat?.

cows eat veg thus providing the 5 a day veg we need but in an edible form ,the grain we need is eaten in the form of buns surrounding the meat ,the fruit comes in the form of wine or cider we drink whilst eating it.

a healthy (according to the gov) diet without fuss :thumbs:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Carrots should be eaten raw, pull'em from t'soil, a quick wipe on t'sleeve and kerunch!

If you really must cook them, they should be cut into long thin strips, the full width of the carrot, and par boiled to maintain stiffness.

This method facilitates their use as scoops for picking up your mushy peas.

The combination of the soft subtle texture of the peas, combined with the crispness of the carrot makes a very pleasing 'horses doovers', or just a pleasant snack when entertaining friends.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

wipe ? are you a girly poofter.the grit provides essential cider straining qualities for the gut ,wipe whatever next :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

G'Day mate good to see you starting a serious thread, it's been a while that we had such an indepth topic up for discussion, as to the mushy peas they are only there to hide the orrible meat pie on the plate.

Elton,Carrots are cut or sliced on the oval depending on your sexual preference, sliced if your a p@@f or oval if you are hetero,it's the shape that counts cos thats what is always on our minds.It doesn't alter the taste.

Chesters1, carrots dont come naturally sliced,it depends on the person in the processing plant.If he is a p@@f then the're sliced if he's hetero the're oval,as to the sugar again it depends on where the person was born. Brown sugar if you are from African descent or white sugar if you are a pom.

Don't believe everything the government publishes because we know the are always dangling sugar coated carrots in front of us just so we will vote for them.

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

G'Day mate good to see you starting a serious thread, it's been a while that we had such an indepth topic up for discussion, as to the mushy peas they are only there to hide the orrible meat pie on the plate.

Elton,Carrots are cut or sliced on the oval depending on your sexual preference, sliced if your a p@@f or oval if you are hetero,it's the shape that counts cos thats what is always on our minds.It doesn't alter the taste.

Chesters1, carrots dont come naturally sliced,it depends on the person in the processing plant.If he is a p@@f then the're sliced if he's hetero the're oval,as to the sugar again it depends on where the person was born. Brown sugar if you are from African descent or white sugar if you are a pom.

Don't believe everything the government publishes because we know the are always dangling sugar coated carrots in front of us just so we will vote for them.

get out of here they couldnt be 17p a tin if some geezer had to slice them their grown like that especially ,peas naturally drop into the tins because they are shell less and gravity makes them drop of the pea tree when they get to a certain size and roll down a shute into the canning plant ,you know fook all about veg.

when we mention dingo trees and kangaroo palms butt in by all means ,anyway what to ausies know about anything all they do is export useless barmen and saddo's who live on the beach at newquey trying to impress girls by playing on planks in the sea,all the good stuff comes from new zealand :rolleyes:

watched a series about bondi beach ,bunch of tossers in silly hats rushing about with planks and shouting rip or shark every five minutes ,not one spotted shafting a sun bronzed beauty! bloody pooofters.one was watching through bino's a geezer waving to him from the surf but never once looked at tits ,blooming queers all of them ,he even sent his gay pal out to put this geezer on his plank so he could smell his arse :o another pretended to drown so he could get a kiss off a guy! faggots.

another guy had been scratched so much by his bent boyfriend in the throws of being rear ended he needed "soothing" lotion applied by some beach gayboy (no doupt getting his phone number at the same time) and had the audacity to blame a little jellyfish ,outrageous!

there was one female but i think she was gay ,despite rushing about shouting rip or shark or moving some flag not one nipple was seen and her shoulders were wider than the guys ,never saw one scene with her getting felt up by the "guys" she worked with nor not one of her teats accidentally fell out playing on her plank :rolleyes:

one "guy" even fell 40 meters off a cliff so he could get strapped up in a bed by a husky chopper chappy he was so desperate ,two of the beach guys watched whilst cuddling together on a motorised plank incase he fell into the sea so they could ravish him whilst unconscious ,blooming commenting on veg when all ausies think of is man meat :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Chesters1, I don't know much about Surf Life Saving in the UK so i did a quick search,the first thing i find is Lusty Life Saving Club , see thats the problem you have in the UK, the misconception that it's all about sex and wardrobe malfunctions, if our guys want a quick feel then they go behind the tent or under the Dingo tree, they don't stand on the beach and tell people the're Lusty. Below is the second thing i found. I mean c'mon have they to go to that F@k Wit to learn how to slice the carrots. I can just see them now shouting out to some young thing in trouble in the surf '' Hang on deary, we're just waiting for the carrots to finish cooking''.

Gordon Ramsay’s F Word Needs You!

Friday, February 29, 2008

We would like to hear from any Lifeguards who would like a cooking lesson from Gordon and are interested in learning about delicious exciting healthy food.

Please click on the link to find out more...

[News Archives] - [Events Calendar] - [Home]

Web Development, System Design, & Communications Marketing

© 1996-2008 Interfuse.com.au. All Rights Reserved.

The content on this Web Site is © SLSGB 2008.

All matters to do with content should be directed to SLSGB.

We don't have planks anymore i think they use that white foamy stuff.

OH dear i hope this isn't turning into one of those BK threads, i'm sure the MT from the IOW will steer us in the right direction.

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Guest Rabbit

As AN's resident expert on carrots, and most other things, I can say the best way to eat a carrot is raw and straight out of the ground.

However if one wishes to appear less of a cooking Philistine then any attempt to cut, mash,slice or dice the orange appendage should be avoided. Serve only young tender carrots whole c/w with a bit of green top stalk to add a touch of class.

To cook is a matter of choice, they can be roasted in foil with herbs and olive oil, lightly boiled and seasoned, or for speed a microwave is good, add a dash of citrus such as orange or lemon for that extra zing!!

...they can be roasted in foil with herbs and olive oil.....

Just when Chesters was doing a brilliant job battling for the English cause against foreign invaders on this topic, despite attempts from Militants upnorf to introduce a division amongst us, you have to make such an obvious attempt to get this thread locked.

Herbs and olive Oil, blasphemy and heresy.

In the past you have, I have to point out, accused ME of using "colourful language" and yet you seem to allow yourself the right to use four Colour words in a few lines of text.

I hope the use of sensible editing by the Mod Team will keep this thread alive.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."