Keep it nice please

Huge_Vitae

They each produce a menu that looks like it's been fed to a dog then excreted onto the plate before serving.

I got that impression from your avatar. :lol:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veg unless its been on a rolling boil for 7 hours turning it into a sodden mess isnt veg in britain

That's OK for the vast majority of Veg Chesters, with the exception of sprouts, A good dish of sprouts on Christmas Day can only be achieved by boiling them from November 1st. :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

That's OK for the vast majority of Veg Chesters, with the exception of sprouts, A good dish of sprouts on Christmas Day can only be achieved by boiling them from November 1st. :huh:

Mate cut a little cross in the base and you can start cooking them early December.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Well i must say that all you posters are taking an awful risk, by that i mean you are actually advocating the consumption of CARROTS Au naturale, this most stop now.

This is a far to volatile substance to by taken on its own whether you have, boiled, bashed, cut, diced, chopped, baked or braised. The CARROT can only be taken safety by the Human race in a Mashed form following extensive boiling and then with swede added by a formulae off at least three parts to one and then must be further pacified by the addition of double cream, Nutmeg, salt and ground black pepper.

Mark my word unless you all temper your posts on this thread it will be lock, lets not forget there are Children about for God's sake. :o

Can I just get things right.

By "swede" I assume you are talking about "neeps"

As far as preparation goes you never never never mash neeps or carrots. They should be gently bashed. If you mash them they go slimy.

Bashed carrot and neeps, mixed with butter and black pepper is then served with a generous portion of Haggis.

If serving the noble carrot as a vegetable I slice them into matchstick size "julienne" and then assemble them into little bundles, tied up in a bow with a sliver of spring onion.

Got to stop there, I'm of to my flower arranging class

Byeeeeee

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Bashed carrot and neeps, mixed with butter and black pepper is then served with a generous portion of Haggis.

Pervert !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Sprouts, aren't they the Devil's Bogies???

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I'm very surprised to hear just how many of you are engaged in the plebeian task of cutting carrots.

Doesn't anybody else have a man to cut their carrots? ^_^

Can I just get things right.

Probably, not weirdo. :huh:

Probably, not weirdo. :huh:

When you come from the Isle of Wight, anyone who walks upright is a weirdo. B)

Go back to practicing the banjo <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/