Best (& Worst!) Live Bands

Tog

Alistair:

quote:

I totally agree, went to see Clapton at the Albert Hall, music great but no atmosphere, he didn't converse with the audience and didn't thank the band!!!!!!!

I never could understand how Clapton became so successful while Jack Bruce faded after Cream broke up. Bruce was the heart & soul of Cream.

If they ever have a reunion tour they will make a fortune.

[ 13. December 2004, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: severus ]

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Bruce!, well I agree to a point. They were all brilliant, but I don't think any of them were bigger than the sum of the three. I don't think Clapton has played as well since Cream, and to some extent just got lucky to be where he is now. Silk suit and Ferraris, hey man, that ain't the blues!.

Jack Bruce was simply brilliant, how he did all that and sang at the same time is beyond me.

I said to another bass player one day that there are no real bass solos among the Cream recordings, and he replied that all the tracks were kind of like bass solos anyway.

Recently downloaded Crossroads with Clapton and Jeff Beck. Beck seems to take great delight in outplaying Clapton at every turn. Now theres a Guitarist.

Bikenut

The last time i heard anything about Peter Green he was living in Richmond and had become a total recluse.

He was seen once with 8 inch long finger nails so was not playing the guitar then.

Glad to hear that things have changed would love to see him play again.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Peter Green has been "gigging" since about 1997. I saw him back then in Reading with Cozy Powell on drums. He didn't do much, just stood around with a guitar around his neck, although he did sing on I think one number. More like a mascot than a rock super god. As far as I know, he is still doing the same, (without Cozy Powell!) and they have at least one CD out as the Scratch Band.

Bikenut

argh mary hopkins!

Once upon a time there was a tavern

Where we used to raise a glass or two

Remember how we laughed away the hours

Think of all the great things we would do

Those were the days my friend

We thought they'd never end

We'd sing and dance forever and a day

We'd live the life we choose

We'd fight and never lose

For we were young and sure to have our way.

La la la la...

good one kendo!

:D:D:D