Best (& Worst!) Live Bands

Tog

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only ever been to see 3 bands live :(

the first was Judas Priest in Hull City Hall when I was about 14 (1981 I think) They were loud, I went home deaf and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

The Second was AC/DC in 1996 at Birmingham NEC (ballbreaker tour) that was absolutely excellent, though they are my heros anyway :D

and third was The Clan (Brian Robertsons own group) In The Wherehouse in Derby they were very good and invited us to their next one over in Stoke somewhere the next night too.

Think yourselves lucky you didn't go and see these on Wednesday night... :(

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed. It was unclear as to whom shot the alleged gunman.

NBC 4 reported that of the surviving victims, one person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

HB.

The Heavy Metal Kids - no contest.

King Crimson in Watford - years ago. I wouldn't cross the road to see them now.

The Undertones - Leicester (I would love to have seen the Buzzcocks but missed them).

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Peterborough

The Cure - loads of times.

PJ Harvey - Nottingham.

"Skunk n Nancy" - that made me laugh.

[ 10. December 2004, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Peter Sharpe ]

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Iron Maiden @ the Glasgow Apollo twice.. what a venue :)

Iron Maiden @ The Playhouse Edinburgh

Bon Jovi on the "Slippery when wet " Tour.. great show

Gary Moore... what a guitarist :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Bon Jovi - Excellent!

Faithless - The dog's wotsits!

Prodigy - Wicked!

Snap - Excellent!

Public Enemy - Excellent, but scary!

Nomad - Good.

Van Halen - Good.

Thunder - Good.

Joey B Ellis - Ok ish.

MC Hammer - Shi...rubbish!

Joan Osbourne - Hidious cow!

Brian May - Aweful, rubbish, up himself, total waste of money!

Gaffer - MC Hammer!! (Don't think I'd have admitted to that one!!) :D

Big Country - hmmm forgot about them? not bad but would'nt bother again.

Clapton - Same as you Severus don't know why he turns up if that's the way he feels!

(Same for a few other 'megastars' as well - Wings being one - although what I saw of Mcartneys 'comeback' tour on the TV he was firing on 8 cylinders + had an ace drummerman)

SLADE! - wow how could I forget their first 'comeback' tour - brilliant night at Hammersmith!

Stranglers - I'm a fan - but they blew hot & cold on the night in question.

Pink Floyd - disapointing IMHO, But they seem nice enough chaps!

Howard 13, Hmmm- Well I've seen some pretty poor bands but none so bad as to take pot shots at!!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.