BGT Final - the right entrants won

kleinboet

Anybody watch it last night? At 66 I am too old for that type of music or dancing.............. but that was SUPERB!!! well choreographed and superbly executed.

They blew the judges (and me!) away!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand the programe or any of it's light entertainment competators but I've just gone and watched the video here and I have to say that at 66, you are EXACTLY the target demographic.

It's safe, inoffensive and utterly, utterly devoid of redeeming features.

Even the name "Diversity" is set to chime with middle class, middle income, middle age white families who might go and see them as a travelling show at a local theater.

Best of luck to them, they'll no doubt do a couple of tours, make a few quid (with Cowell taking a very handy percentage) and then fade into deserved obsquurety.

As for Susan Boyle, of course she wasn't going to win. Cowell knows that she's already set for a global career and he doesn't need her to win to know that he can make money of of her - far better to let someone else win and have two bites of the cherry.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Can't stand the programe or any of it's light entertainment competators but I've just gone and watched the video here and I have to say that at 66, you are EXACTLY the target demographic.

Ken, I'd argue about the 'inoffensive'!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Ken, I'd argue about the 'inoffensive'!

:D:D:D

OK then "non-threatening". I agree that the sort of MOR corperate carp endorsed by Cowel, Waterman and their ilk is always pretty offensive - but I was struggling for approprate descriptors.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Rabbit

Didn't really watch much of it but as far as this sort ot telly goes it's not that bad, and the winning act was superb, and seem nice lads too. That act would cut across all age divides but now the greys have taken them to their hearts they are doomed, street cred vapourised in a second. I think Susan Boyle is a one trick poney, nice voice but those wrinkled stockings!!

As dumb down TV is concerned it is not the worse...which reminds me Big Brother is about to start innit? :wallbash:

BGT ?

PG TIPS ? prefer yorkshire

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I thought it was an excellent performance and very imaginatively choreographed.

I also agree that they seemed nice people as well......which helps.

There is something rather strange about Susan Boyle. :wacko:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Anybody watch it last night? At 66 I am too old for that type of music or dancing.............. but that was SUPERB!!! well choreographed and superbly executed.

They blew the judges (and me!) away!

Agree entirely KB. :blink:

A superb performance from a super talented and incredibly hard working group, who deserve all the success they get.

Quote:

Even the name "Diversity" is set to chime with middle class, middle income, middle age white families who might go and see them as a travelling show at a local theater.

What that load of piffle is about defeats me. Couldn't disagree more. :thumbdown:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

kenl- Gee, I guess the millions that voted for them don't agree. I think that there must be a hellofalot of people my age and tastes for them to get so many votes, as they tell us the voting was in MILLIONS!!

As for Susan Boyle - she didn't HAVE to win as she has been offered quite lucrative contracts elsewhere - Cranfield, I agree there IS something strange about her!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I think what people may find offensive is the formlaic nature of the programme...any imagination shown is by the acts themeslves, but as for the singers' choice of repertoire there's hardly a risk taken or a surprise choice of song or even surprising arrangement.

On that basis, the accusations of 'dumbing down' seems pretty valid.

At work today, it seemed to be the sole topic of conversation except for the FA Cup final yesterday.... I was glad I was busy!

There is something about popular 'entertainment' which seems really unwholesome... invariably I seem to look at what's there and asking the question "Why?"

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine