cat sh1te

Happy Dude

UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk:

Now cats! A pain in the arse.   They steal my fish (sturgeons do not come cheap) and crap on my grass    

My folks used to have trouble with cats molesting their fish, so the last pond I designed for them was specifically engineered to prevent feline-fishing. The trick is to make sure there's nowhere they can get close enough to fish without falling in. Cats which did fall in (my kid sister's mostly) got out easily enough, but didn't do it again.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony - sorry, dogs must be more of a problem in your area! If a dog ****** on my bedchair or seatbox it, or it's owner, could easily end up in the lake.

I like the solution of buying a cat, but surely a dog would make a lot more sense Steve! A little bugger with sharp teeth (Jack Russell springs to mind) would love chasing cats all day - they are quick enough to probably catch one or two as well!

Ian W

Hmm... I'm more of a dog person than a cat person, but when it comes to little dogs I think I'd rather have a moggy. I was bitten on the ear by a Yorkshire terrier when I was a nipper, and I've hated them ever since.

We've got three cats, but that's entirely down to my wife's powers of persuasion. Quite fond of them now, mind, but she's not having any more!

Now, a proper dog, that's a different matter...

major.jpg

Tony ~~~~~ I didn't actually say that I shot my neighbours cats and I didn't say that I was responsible for the seven out of thirteen that are no longer around.I did suggest buying a gun but that was really wishful thinking,I still hate the bloody things.Can anyone even start to immagine how much crap thirteen cats produce.I agree about keeping a dog helps but as I said in my original reply most people let theirn cats out at night and those with dogs generally bring them in at night.

I am with you Les,do not like them at all. Last summer in the space of a few weeks one of the swines killed 3 birds in my garden.

It should be law to make them all have bells on so birds can scarper when they approach. I also suffer from a phantom cat pooper on my lawn. Just wish I could catch it cos I would boot it over my hedge onto the main road!!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I am not anti dog, cat, pigeon, rabbit or anything else I just do not think its a good idea to go round advocating hurting other peoples pets, whatever they are.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

My Grandad used to make wire nooses, and put them around the edges of his garden tied to garned canes with bells on.

As soon as the bells went off he was out there with the hose.

In the end he put those high pitch cat sounders right next to a noose.

That told em.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

fedd the cat some lilly pollen that will stop it permenently i hate cats

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Sorry Tony, I wouldn't shoot a cat, but I have absolutely no quarms about shooting (wild) pidgeons - which I have done for local farmers (barn clearing mainly). They are horrible creatures!!

Tame (loft raised) pidgeons might be a different matter but there is a distinct difference between them and the wild birds.

Ian W