Election Canvassing

MickJ

Had a labour party old biddy knock on the door about 3pm this afternoon. dunno what she actually wanted as the door seemed to slip out of my hand and slam shut . . . . . .

Mat

Mat

This is getting a few hots today. Is there an election? :D

Is it called an erection if its a well hung parliament?

I'll get my coat..

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Changed me mind.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Had a labour party old biddy knock on the door about 3pm this afternoon. dunno what she actually wanted as the door seemed to slip out of my hand and slam shut . . . . . .

You want to be careful, mate!

When her entire family of working age get laid off and tossed from the gravy train, she'll be back throwing petrol bombs at your posh gaff.

Best raise the drawbridge and bring the flamingos into the courtyard, she'll never be able to clear the moat. :D

parties canvass before an election and catch polling numbers of those going to vote. When the two are compared at the candidates election HQ you can tell if your potential voter has voted and if not you then have the opportunity to convince them to do so by knocking on their door

It is nobody else's business which candidate you vote for

Most politicians/agents/helpers etc will tumble over themselves to agree with you on that.

I take it a stage further -

Apart from the clerk who ticks your name on the electoral roll, it is nobody else's business whether you have voted or not.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

my mum wanted to go down and vote yesterday and asked me to take her down there was some old woman standing at the entrance to the residents hall asking people to vote for labor, i found it really cheeky and now seeing this topic, so you guys reckon this isnt allowed ?

ill be honest i didnt vote had a lot to deal with over the past 2 weeks and was the last thing on my mind. there all as bad as each other all ive heard are slagging matches between parties and no real hope for change.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk