So! Was it a Myth?

Jim Roper

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

load of old rubbish ,poor quality, misshapen ,oddly sized and of differing ripeness have always been around except they were called "fun" (small bent bananas usually) "kids" small anything and "basics" or "budget" for all the rest ,now all that will happen is the low end stuff prices will rise as theres no difference "legally" :rolleyes:

how many people have ever seen a "B" quality labelled bit of fruit or veg?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm beginning to wonder if it was the supermarkets' political lobbying that started it all off in the first place, trying to achieve lower packaging costs, perhaps.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest Rabbit

Look at the date KB the story is over a year old, surely when you could have had this information to hand to support your wobbly stance? :D

Which leads me to believe the whole thing is a load of old BS concocted bY the rumour mongers who delight in having a go at all things EU. :rolleyes:

No, it is people like you that the EU did it for! Acoording to your stance, the EU can do no wrong. IMHO if we ever go into the EU as they Want us to - it will be the worst thing we will ever have done!

There are too many "leaked"reports for it not to be true. The one thing they want is to break the UK.

Go ahead and vote for them, hopefully when it happens I will be long gone!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

IMHO if we ever go into the EU as they Want us to - it will be the worst thing we will ever have done!

have to break this gently to you KB........but you actually already are in the E.U....and have been since 1973.

What was a myth,was that the E.U imposed the rules regarding fruit etc. they were approached by the fruit industries themselves,and asked to regulate things for the industries own benefit.

Which they did.

The idea that the E.U imposed unasked for rules,was and is a myth.

Reply |dave to EU-UK-PRESS

show details……. Reply

Sorry to bother you with this. but could you please confirm,that the E.U did not try to ban the sale of curved bananas.

i am well aware of the links,etc to your euro myths site,But, there are still, people that despite that, seem to regard this story as gospel truth.

please keep your answer to simple words and phrases,as we are talking people of very limited intelect here.

Im working in southern Spain in the media myself,but im talking about certain people in Britain here of course!!

best wishes Dave R

Reply Forward

Reply |COMM-UK-PRESS@ec.europa.eu to me

show details May 22 Reply

Dear Dave

Thank you for your mail ....

Despite the number of times we confirm "bendy" bananas are not banned, some myths just continue to be recycled.

Perhaps it's not well known, but quality standards for bananas were in use for international trade purposes way before the EU came into existence, ie the straighter the banana the more can be packed per box. That type of thing.

However, governments and industry set their own standards, ie different, so in 1994 the European Commission was asked by EU agriculture ministers (ie Defra in the case of the UK) and industry to come up with a set of common standards.

The Commission did this, and after carrying out extensive consultation across the industry, produced a list of common quality standards which were then agreed by the EU agriculture ministers and have been in use since 1994.

So nowadays, rather than have different quality standards for different countries, producers can work in conjunction with one set of quality standards for international trade. Much better for trade purposes

just for you KB...ive Emailed the E.U office concerned......my mail is the top part...their reply is the bottom part.....

the only bits removed are my contact details......

Guest Rabbit
No, it is people like you that the EU did it for! Acoording to your stance, the EU can do no wrong. IMHO if we ever go into the EU as they Want us to - it will be the worst thing we will ever have done!

There are too many "leaked"reports for it not to be true. The one thing they want is to break the UK.

Go ahead and vote for them, hopefully when it happens I will be long gone!!

Did What? But they didn't..read on!! That 'story' is for the gullible or feable minded amongst us, now I know you are neither of these so how about putting your hand up and admitting you are wrong...go on you know it makes sense.