So! Was it a Myth?

Jim Roper

Why should I give a damn about people I have nothing to do with?

Thank you Alan. You have finally answered a question I posed several weeks ago in another thread.

I asked you to clarify a comment you made regarding your reluctance to feel any sympathy for those who suffered under the Thatcher regime.

The above statement does indeed answer the question.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" it's natural I should want something in lieu to compensate for the inconvenience"

And what exactly are you going to get from the EU? Cheaper tax, better salary/pension etc.?

We were doing quite nicely without the EU (even when it was the EEC!) but now the EU is trying to compete with the USA! If somebody says it should be illegal to have smelly F***s, the EU will try and bring legislation to ban it!!

Why do we HAVE to be a full member of the EU?? What did we do before it? What happens if one country goes T*ts up? Do we all arrange a financial package for it - Why? Is that why GB is desperate to join?

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Thank you Alan. You have finally answered a question I posed several weeks ago in another thread.

I asked you to clarify a comment you made regarding your reluctance to feel any sympathy for those who suffered under the Thatcher regime.

The above statement does indeed answer the question.

John.

I was indeed better off under Thatcher than I have been under Blair or Brown.

I have suffered financially under this crowd, I'd never been unemployed until Blair got in - but I don't hold that against him. I just don't recall asking for, or expecting people's sympathy. Is it too much to expect others to feel the same way?

Sympathy is usually words alone and as such, isn't worth the time of day unless the sentence 'Is there anything I can do to help?' follows the expression immediately.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

" it's natural I should want something in lieu to compensate for the inconvenience"

And what exactly are you going to get from the EU? Cheaper tax, better salary/pension etc.?

We were doing quite nicely without the EU (even when it was the EEC!) but now the EU is trying to compete with the USA! If somebody says it should be illegal to have smelly F***s, the EU will try and bring legislation to ban it!!

Why do we HAVE to be a full member of the EU?? What did we do before it? What happens if one country goes T*ts up? Do we all arrange a financial package for it - Why? Is that why GB is desperate to join?

I got freedom to work in whichever EU member state I want - which didn't happen before. Frankly wider employment opportunities are worth more to me than lower taxation (which isn't an EU perogative, anyway). As for salary and pension - it gives me the chance to optimise the possibilities. So far, this seems like an OK exchange.

As for smelly f**ts as you so eloquently put it, I am assumming that's your opinion offered without concommitant evidence. Nothing new there, then

We were doing so nicely pre-EU that we had to involve the IMF to bail us out in 1976 due to economic incompetence for years prior to our joining the EEC /EU. Kevin Hickson's book The IMF Crisis of 1976 and British Politics is a very good account of the background, cause and effects of this.

We were doing so nicely pre-EU that we had to involve the IMF to bail us out in 1976 due to economic incompetence for years prior to our joining the EEC /EU. Kevin Hickson's book The IMF Crisis of 1976 and British Politics is a very good account of the background, cause and effects of this.

Was that not due to the incompetance of the same then as of now, wasn't it mr healy whom had to go cap in hand as then they spent our savings and borrowed heavily, due to the fact that they thought that public spending was the way out of recession, just like they are doing now. Was it also to do with 'wild cat' strikes, winter of discontent, etc etc. What goes around will come arround. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Was that not due to the incompetance of the same then as of now, wasn't it mr healy whom had to go cap in hand as then they spent our savings and borrowed heavily, due to the fact that they thought that public spending was the way out of recession, just like they are doing now. Was it also to do with 'wild cat' strikes, winter of discontent, etc etc. What goes around will come arround. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You're quite right, but it wasn't an EU issue, which is what KB was implying.

I was indeed better off under Thatcher than I have been under Blair or Brown.

I have suffered financially under this crowd, I'd never been unemployed until Blair got in - but I don't hold that against him. I just don't recall asking for, or expecting people's sympathy. Is it too much to expect others to feel the same way?

Sympathy is usually words alone and as such, isn't worth the time of day unless the sentence 'Is there anything I can do to help?' follows the expression immediately.

Sympathy, might just be "words alone" to you Alan, but it also is an expression of caring for the plight of other human beings.

It became a by-word for weakness during those years, and it seems it still is among many.

During the Thatcher years I saw the trade I had trained for, and worked hard at get decimated, to the extent that the redundancies came thick and fast. But I still felt sympathy for those who's lives, families, whole communities were crushed.

Though many tried to make me, I could never succumb to the "stuff you, I'm alright" mind set, so it may well be my own fault that I didn't prosper. I just didn't have it in me I suppose.

Strange to think that when a group of youngsters have the same attitude, they are called yobs, and classed as 'anti social'.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yes Alan, my smelly f***s was without foundation!(how clever of you to notice!!) it was done ironically (not like the bananas!).

The EU is not a closed shop - if there is something they want and it is not found or manufactured in the EU, they buy it. (pity the UK PM of the time didn't think of that when he offered our fishing grounds!)

As for working in the EU, Why? If you are a competent skilled person, other countries (Australia for example) are screaming out for workers!

You say our fishing waters were NOT stripped by the EU countries, please provide proof. We are an island with limited assets and the EU meddling with fish quotas (which only the British honour anyway), farming techniques and strict regulations on other day-to-day products are damaging to OUR economy!!

Please prove me wrong on ALL that!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Sympathy, might just be "words alone" to you Alan, but it also is an expression of caring for the plight of other human beings.

It became a by-word for weakness during those years, and it seems it still is among many.

During the Thatcher years I saw the trade I had trained for, and worked hard at get decimated, to the extent that the redundancies came thick and fast. But I still felt sympathy for those who's lives, families, whole communities were crushed.

Though many tried to make me, I could never succumb to the "stuff you, I'm alright" mind set, so it may well be my own fault that I didn't prosper. I just didn't have it in me I suppose.

Strange to think that when a group of youngsters have the same attitude, they are called yobs, and classed as 'anti social'.

John.

During the brown era, this year, my brother who has held his job since he left school is now redundant along with the rest of the guys at the paper mill. The only comfort is that they have given him more than the government statutory minimmum, mind you he has to give this government tax out of the payment, so they win even though he looses his career.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yes Alan, my smelly f***s was without foundation!(how clever of you to notice!!) it was done ironically (not like the bananas!).

The EU is not a closed shop - if there is something they want and it is not found or manufactured in the EU, they buy it. (pity the UK PM of the time didn't think of that when he offered our fishing grounds!)

As for working in the EU, Why? If you are a competent skilled person, other countries (Australia for example) are screaming out for workers!

You say our fishing waters were NOT stripped by the EU countries, please provide proof. We are an island with limited assets and the EU meddling with fish quotas (which only the British honour anyway), farming techniques and strict regulations on other day-to-day products are damaging to OUR economy!!

Please prove me wrong on ALL that!!

Who are you to suggest where I choose to work? I can earn more in the EU than I could in Australia...I know, I checked it out. You said you wouldn't want to live in Europe, I was criticised recommending Switzerland to you but Dignitas seems inappropriate for someone intent on making a fool of themself

The evidence for the fishing rights was raised by you, KB, why should I waste time finding stuff which using the timescales you suggested (the fishing rights weren't signed away in 1973)? Surely the burden of proof should be on you - who should have justified the assertion when it was made.