Going away for a while (again)

Alan Taylor

Hi all,

who is this guy you are all talking about? :confused:

Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers, some thing must be working for me so far

Just a quick up date. They did a few tests to see if I was fit enough for Chemo, the Liver one (much to my surprise) turned out OK, well I do drink a bit hence the surprise. The Biopsie from under my arm and in my neck turned out negative. The lump in the pipe that carries the blood from brain to heart and lungs is gradually breaking down, once this lump has gone (Tuesday they think) then I am off to the University of Leiden where they are going to take one of the cancer cells from a lung (local anasthetic) and test it out, after this procedure they will decide if they can do the Chemo or not. Sorry to be a bit vauge but I am a bit confussed as well, if no Chemo then what, I don't get a direct answer to this question, just "we will have to wait and see".

I was sharing a ward with 3 OLD guys all 80 plus,

one has the cancer creeping into his brain and talks to himself in some unknown language until the early hours, the one next to me is being moved into a hospice as they can do nothing further for him and the third died yesterday morning 12 hours after being admitted, he kept disconecting his pipes and walking to the toilet, he had a massive heart attack. After they had taken him away breakfast was bought in and the ward was a bit chaotic the washing team came in at the same time, the two remaining gentlemen having there diapers changed during breakfast put me off a bit.

This was all too much for me so I packed my stuff and told them I was getting out of here :mad: I was then moved into a private ward and felt better than I did when I was admitted.

I have been allowed out for the day but have to go back for some jabs this evening and in the morning then back to my "own private ward" he he on Sunday night for another week of who knows what.

They did not want to let me out just incase the anurism (sp) moved and there was no help available but I think the following convinced them that in or out would make no difference. There is a smoking room for patients and it is never cleaned so you have people in there with there waste bags leaking onto the floor, filthy tables etc. It seems that there is a dispute between the cleaners and nurses as to who should do the cleaning. Any way I got mad, stole a cleaning trolly and did the job myself much to laughter from the other inmates. I was caught and given a bit of a telling off.

:D

JohnS, get things uncrossed and send me the pic of the presentation fly boxes that you make, Christmas is getting close and they make ideal gifts even for non anglers.

Judy, thanks for the card, I had one today from some of the girls at work, "being sick is just like sex, "just lay on your back and wait until it's over".

Mike the Pike, thats the second time you have made Sonja cry or was it a fly in the eye again?

I have met a fly fisherman in the hospital and he is going to teach me how to cast when he gets out.

He says that he has to re teach himself as they took part of one leg off and it will be a bit difficult getting the balance rite to start with. :cool:

There is another guy, this is funny in a sick sort of way, he was taking his 2 little dogs for a walk (one dog only has 3 legs after being attacked by a big dog a year ago)any way he met this lady with an Alsation and they were talking for about 5 minutes when the dogs started to fight. The dogs went round and round the guy (on leads) and broke his leg!

A lady with broken ribs and collar bone "how did that happen, did you have an accident?" "No, a heart attack, they thumped me a bit too hard but I am still alive".

We have a potential buyer for the boat and Albert is going up with him on Sunday for a test run. Albert is not as soft as me so I know we will get the money if he does a deal.

Its difficult to pick out individual people to thank for there good wishes, the ones that I picked out here were just ones that I thought would make you smile but again thanks one and all.

A final message for Norrie, it looks as if you will have to wait a bit longer for my Bass rod mate :P

Cheers for now

Alan

Sorry to go on but not having internet on my private ward (yet) makes it frustrating. I do have a spare modem at home now where can I borrow a lap top from demon

[ 16. October 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How very nice to hear from you Alan. You have a very positive attitude to all that's happening and this can only be to the good, It makes me wish I was there with you in body not just in heart and soul. You just keep on smiling ya hear!

I look forward to the next of many posts to come from you yet.

My very, very, best wishes are with you.

[ 16. October 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

Alan Taylor:

JohnS, get things uncrossed and send me the pic of the presentation fly boxes that you make, Christmas is getting close and they make ideal gifts even for non anglers.

Hello Alan, good to see you back with us :)

I'll take some photo's in the next couple of days and post them off to Sonya, a pal of yours (forgot his name now :rolleyes: ) sent me a PM, replied to him earlier tonight.

I'll have to wrap one up and take it along to the post office to see how much to send overseas though, all I know is it costs about 5 squids to send to a British address....

Take care, and don't forget to give the nurses a quick grope when you go to the hospital next, I'm sure they like the attention :D:D:D

(Apologies to our resident Nursey :rolleyes: )

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Great to hear from you, Alan.

If you want a real challenge next time, try tidying my office

Hope to see you over here for a fish-in soon,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

:D

I went back in last night for my injection in the top of the leg and was kept waiting for half an hour until I told the nurse I was off home :mad: She told me that she had forgotten all about me, sorry sorry, I told her it was not a problem for me but my mate had worked all day and wanted to get home. I had to return at 0800 for the next shot but thought what the heck, I am on a roll and the nurse is eating out of my hand so I told her that the District Nurse is a neighbour and had agreed to give me my morning shot if that was OK :cool: (thanks Judy, I was thinking of you at the time :D ) Anyway she gave me the kit and I injected myself this morning :P Not bad for someone that nearly faints at the sight of a needle.

Sonja is doing a great job of looking after the business and me, she has so much to do that she does not have time to worry.

Well thats all from me for a few days, back into the hospital this afternoon.

Elton, how can your office be a mess, you are either on holiday or fishing :P like the Christmas graemlins by the way.

Cheers for now all and thanks.

Alan.

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Elton, how can your office be a mess, you are either on holiday or fishing :P

I do pop in now and then, just to make a bit more mess :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Alan

Cannot really say anything except I like your style!!!!!

Our District Nurses Team philosophy is to empower the patient .... you have obviously been taking lessons!!!Well done,especially with your needlephobia!!!!!!

And you cannot do too much damage in your leg.....hopefully.. :D

Judy :D

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)