England expects

madmax

Robstubbs

"Now if I were American then I wouldn't understand what you were talking about"

you don't really know what I'm trying to open up here Rob.

as for American's, native is a word some would understand.

and "history, I like to think that's what makes it a bit more culturally diverse and interesting"

confused more like.

no , I have a sneaking feeling that the native Englander, is still around and kicking.

all this unrest or whinges as you put it, is only the tip of the ice berg.

lest we forget!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England Expects:-

Any of it's sporting 'hero's to be able to grasp defeat from the snapping jaws of victory! :D

Just you wait till the Olympic's, Track (owes the public £xmillion in lottery funding) will win nearly bugger all & our 'wet sports' and shooters will bring home the medals.

Now why isn't angling in the Olympics! & Bog snorkling! :D

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Engand expects? Am I an English? mmmmmmmmmm

I was born in Handsworth Wood Hospital, to a Mother who was born in belfast, with the surname Wallace (quite a well known name), and a Father born in Perth in Scotland.

I grew up in RSA from 1950 to 1986 when I returned to UK. What does that make me, apart from a mongrel?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Wallace is most defiantly a great family name to be in, you lucky so-and-so. :cool:

it all depends on if your parents whether born in other places, where from English parents?

this thread sounds like I'm a national front git, I am most certainly not.

1/4 cork me, a bit of French and of cause jersey, Eh, by the way

PS any relation to WILLIAM WALLACE.

[ 28. July 2004, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: madmax ]

Are you English

The Tuatha De Dannan came to Eire and settled there, beating the fir bolg's and the formorian's and a whole lot of other's who'd lived there for ??? Probably, at a guess, some after-battle activity occured that produced mixed race children.

The Son's Of Mil Then Came To Ireland, and defeated the Tuatha De dannan. Again, probably some after-action activity occured that produced mixed race children.

So up to some Pictish folk whose men may have decorated themselves with woad either as a general fashion statement or to look fierce or something. Very confusing info about their origin too. Maybe Scandanavian and maybe sailed to Ireland to settle. Maybe.

All the above, BTW, seems to be only known from Roman times so slightly BC thru early AD. Not good records like we have for other areas of the world that were civilized sooner and wrote histories. What I wrote above may be dead on or may be total nonsense but doubtful anyone could say which one with any authority.

Then the Saxons arrived (500 AD seems about right). Had some Frisians with them (picked up along their invasion route) and maybe the odd Frank or two or three. Highly likely that these folks also sired the occasional child by a partner whose tribe was already in the area.

Intermission while we have a few waves of Viking attacks (more mixed kids?) and then BANG!!, here come the Normans.

Maybe sorting out kleinboet's Am I an English? mmmmmmmmmm isn't so easy?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

madmax - I haven't any idea. I should 'dig' a bit to try and find out, but I think I prefer to think I might be, without actually finding out and possibly being disapointed.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

My great grandpappy came over from Denmark in 1906, William Eliasen. The advance himself he had to anglicise his name (Ellison), the Sax Coberg Gotha's changed theirs to Windor and Battenburg became Mountbatten. He had to do this to advance hisself within the British empire. Grandpappy married an Irish lass. greatgrandpappy on mothers side was Irish, from there on in were english.

Tragedy is, No money anywere in sight.

So I've got to get up and go to work in the morning.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Newt:

Are you English

The Tuatha De Dannan came to Eire and settled there, beating the fir bolg's and the formorian's and a whole lot of other's who'd lived there for ???  Probably, at a guess, some after-battle activity occured that produced mixed race children.

The Son's Of Mil Then Came To Ireland, and defeated the Tuatha De dannan.  Again, probably

some after-action activity occured that produced mixed race children.

So up to some Pictish folk whose men may have decorated themselves with woad either as a general fashion statement or to look fierce or something.  Very confusing info about their origin too.  Maybe Scandanavian and maybe sailed to Ireland to settle. Maybe.

All the above, BTW, seems to be only known from Roman times so slightly BC thru early AD.  Not good records like we have for other areas of the world that were civilized sooner and wrote histories.  What I wrote above may be dead on or may be total nonsense but doubtful anyone could say which one with any authority.

Then the Saxons arrived (500 AD seems about right).  Had some Frisians with them (picked up along their invasion route) and maybe the odd Frank or two or three.  Highly likely that these folks also sired the occasional child by a partner whose tribe was already in the area.

Intermission while we have a few waves of Viking attacks (more mixed kids?) and then BANG!!, here come the Normans.

Maybe sorting out kleinboet's Am I an English? mmmmmmmmmm isn't so easy?

And I thought I was just a half-bred-mick! :D

Dont forget the Dutch....that King Willie still has a lot to answer for :D then we had the Scottish planters, now we have the Romanians, Nigerians, Lithuanians etc. (We dont mind the Aussies, most of them are the convicts coming home :D:D )

At least we got our own back (without resorting to violence) we overtook much of the UK, USA, lots of the Mediterranean (Look at all the "Irish Bars") the English invaded us to Australia, we "Missioned" Africa, for a small country we conquered far and wide....must be the Catholic up-bringing, all those kids :D

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..