Is there "life" after death?

kleinboet

Emma2 - Why are you asking? Want to trade facts?

Worms - Did JC (as you call him) EVER call himself a wizard? Please don't call someone you don't and, from the sound of it, never will!

If you have a look at various so called third world countries, they too, when they don't understand (or want to understand) they say it is magic, performed by wizards! (and that only a battery operated torch!)

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

circumcision isnt just a jewish phenomena the moslem faith practises it also ,as i said before there's little different in all the major faiths

Australian Aborigines take it just a little bit further

http://www.circlist.com/rites/aborignal.html

Ouch!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

bugger , the door bells just gone off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Well don't say it was down to a dead cat. The christians will be around making claims that you communicate with satan via your moggie 'familiar' and burn you at the stake (but your soul will be saved)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Worms - Did JC (as you call him) EVER call himself a wizard? Please don't call someone you don't and, from the sound of it, never will!

If you have a look at various so called third world countries, they too, when they don't understand (or want to understand) they say it is magic, performed by wizards! (and that only a battery operated torch!)

I didn't say or imply that he had. I was just presenting some of the so called facts about the character known as the 'son of god' born of a virgin birth (?) and his magical powers.

I don't know him and I know that nobody else knows 'him' (JC). If he was a real person he has been dead for nearly 2,000 years so nobody can possibly know him.

KB I realise that the christian faith has brain-washed you to the extent that you can no longer see logic or understand or interpret other people's posts accurately but please don't tell me that I cannot make up my own mind about the abomination that is christianity the way I see fit, even if you can't be bothered or able to finish the sentence.

I took the liberty to show how similar some views are by changing a few words from your last paragraph

"If you have a look at various so called developed countries, they too, when they don't understand (or want to understand) they say it is Christianity, performed by God! (and that's only a bastard son of a chippy!)"

To answer your original question. No I don't believe in life after death and, to be honest from reading some of your posts I'm beginning to think that for some people there isn't a life before death!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Why not? it's raining even harder now. As an example (there are hundreds)have a look at Daniel 5:31 ( in the book, not via google) and defend the bible as a reliable historical source.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Australian Aborigines take it just a little bit further

http://www.circlist.com/rites/aborignal.html

Ouch!

ooooouch ,mind you i never noticed if the fella was err chopped in walkabout (the film) or was i distracted by something else :D

the earlier showings weren't as censored as the later ones.

that joseph must have been gullible ,

Mary "joseph dear i having a sprog"

jo (quickly gathering stones and phoning the neighbours) "WHAT but i havnt even popped yer cherry yet!"

Mary " its Gods"

jo " phew thats OK then lets go camping at Nazareth to celebrate "

:doh:

i reckon JC was also a bit of a bad boy ,disappears for 30 years ,prison i reckon ;) joseph on being questioned "Oh he's off to carpentry boarding school" YES right!!!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Why do you think your above assertion is true, but my reference to BB being "the beginning of things" (ie by implication things as we know them) is in error?

Simple, I don't; At best I think we may be in danger of arguing over something we agree upon, at worst one of us is splitting hairs, if you think I am splitting hairs then please, forgive me. That was not my intention.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Still on with Daniel KB? Perhaps its too late for you now, or maybe that dead cat is keeping you occupied.

Anyway, you may be able to help with some biblical problems, and so educate people regarding God's Law, you are just the fellow to do this as you tell us you only see the world in black and white, no fuzzy awkward grey areas!

A friend wishes to sell her daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

and this one is a real poser, Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to the Welsh, but not Scots. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Scot?

Edited by Emma two

...Why can't I own Scot?
'Cause were like Afghan's, we can't be owned by any one ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote