Make a difference

Newt

Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers that makes you believe that we CAN make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next-door and spent much of each day observing the workers. Eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot.

They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a 'pay' envelope containing a couple of dollars.

The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the two dollar "pay" she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own paycheck at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with the crew building the house next door to us."

My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those assholes at Building Supply ever deliver the dammed sheet rock."

Kind of brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yes Newt its nice to be nice :):) and it costs nothing. Spread the word please :cool:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Heard a similar story from a guy I worked with many years ago. A his son used to go to a house that was being built near his home each day and one day he went home within minutes of leaving. As he walked in to his home his Mum said, "Back early today?" He said, "Yeah, we're f**ked for bricks."

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

This one is obviously just a joke, but I was reminded of the story of the vicar who was out for a walk in the country one day and he noticed a little girl with her dog sitting under a huge wild rose bush. He decided to be sociable and went over to her. “Good morning, little girl, how are you today?’ ‘I am very well thank you vicar, how are you?” she said. He told her that he was well and asked her what her name was, she told him that it was Petal. He told her that he thought that Petal was a lovely name and asked her why her parents had chosen it. “Well, when my Mummy was expecting me, she and my Daddy sat under this very bush reading their Bible, and a rose petal fell down and landed on the page they were reading. So Mummy said to Daddy, if we have a little girl, we will call her petal.” The vicar was ecstatic and was thinking of including this in his sermon for the coming Sunday and to make more conversation he asked her what her dog’s name was. The little girl said, “oh, we call him Porky”, The vicar was a bit puzzled by that and said that he thought that it was a strange name for a dog, and the little girl said, “It is, but we call him that because he f**ks pigs.”

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Newt,

That actually happened to me as a kid. We lived out in the country, I was an only child and naturally hung around with the guys digging trenches and laying pipes when the came through our area. One day my parents suddenly stopped me from going to hang out with them ever again and it was a few years before I found out why, and I have never to this day ever got my old mother to repeat what I said :D:D

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

I used to let my little lad watch all the Swarzenegger films. Until one day he was sat on the settee with his multi purpose machine gun, as we walked in the room, he declared "Die mother f****er".

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Me and Sophie my 3 year old were in the local tackle shop on Saturday getting some maggots (she has to carry bait box there and back or all hell breaks loose).

Two fully grown men came tearing passed on petrol powered (stand on scooters) at full pelt making a din.

The tackle shop owners dad came out with a sentance icluding the word Fornicate Under Consent (of the) King.

A few minutes later when they cam back the other way guess which little cherub blurted it out at the top of her voice.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

daughter 2, willow, at the age of about 3 was eating some nuts, i could see from the look on her face she had found a bad one, i asked if she was ok, she blurted out, " tastes like **** "

aha little uns my daughter at the age of 2/3 picked up a wooden chip fork and proudly ran to wards us screaming at the top of voice fork fork fork only we couldn't see the said fork and reprimanded her saying that was a naughty word until we saw the item in her hand,needless to say we felt awful,twas our dirty little minds that were at fault and not my little angel :D

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.