hi all i'm back

paul.saunders

Hi all

just to let you now that i haven't forgotten you all. i have been looking in occasionally but have not replied to some threads. don't worry folkes it's nothing anyone here has said or done. unfortunatly this past month has been a month of mixed emotions. At the begining of the month my dad was rushed into hospitlal with pains in his side. After a week of tests and scans we were told that he had a groth on his liver and it may be cancerous and had to go to Adambrooks in Cambridge for further tests. as you could imagine that hit us but they was not sure so there was hope.

then on the 17th of the month (2 days after the news of my dad) my daughter Laura gave birth to my first grand child a lovely boy named Ryan, emotions running high again. i have some pictures and will post one soon to show him off.

We took dad to Adambrooks last Monday for more tests and a biopsee unfortunatly our fears were comfirmed and he has cancer growing in his liver

to which we were told that they are 99.9% certain there was nothing they can do for him. If the liver was replaced the growth would grow again. cemo would do no good either for some reason or another. The only thing that they can give him is a drug to slow the growth down.

We have to take him back Thursday to see the specialest to talk through to see if they can come up with some more options. as there is a .1% chance they can.

sorry to have bored you all but just thought i would let you now while i haven't been around

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

Keeping my fingers crossed for your dad Paul....

Congratulations on the grandson though :)

[ 10. May 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Paul, we have never met and most likely will not but your experience is one we have in common. I can only say my thoughts are with you mate and your parents!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Paul

Thanks for posting your news it is indeed the most sad and the most happiest.

I am deeply sorry for your fathers condition but even the smallest chance is worth hanging on to. I am delighted at your feelings for the lastest family member I remember well how it felt for me. My parner went through a very bad time with cancer and at one time was only given a 20% of survival just to get through one night. She did and is remission. I don't know to much about praying but I did ask for help from unknown powers to be, and may be that did help. I also think of other members on this site who are going through similar ordeals I don't tell them but I do look skyward and think of them because even though I do not know them in person they mean so much by their heartfelt and brave to conversations with us.

By sharing your thoughts with us on AN is a priviledge for us all and maybe collective thoughts migh do some good.

Sharing and the telling of your troubles can be a great relief and I know it is intimately shared and thought about by all of us. I have had some wonderful pm's of encouragement.

I don't really know what else to say but never give up hope.

Charles

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

One of those occasions when words fail me. Hope that the 1% is achieved. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your Dad. I've been there and know what your going through.

Congratulations on being a "GRANDAD". Life is all ups and downs so heres hoping your downs end and your ups get you soaring.

As I always say we just keep on hanging on.

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

When I was diagnosed as having a tumour on my kidney, I put up a post entitled 'My destiny is no longer my own' My choice of words could not have been more prophetic.

The nasty thing about cancer is, it's there working away, and you don't even know! My left kidney was totally overwhelmed and had reached stage 3 of 4 stages before I knew I'd a problem.

I have been given a 50% chance of being here in five years after it's removal and am currently undergoing immunotherapy with chemotherapy to follow. I wish your dad the very best of luck,

you just don't know where the fickle finger of fate is going to point next.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and best wishes.

i do find it hard to talk about it at the momentwith those around me but sharing it with you all has got it of my chest and made it feel better.

my dad and i along with my son craig have joined Colchester fishing club today so atleast we can fish for a while togeather as dad still reckons he can still whip my butt on rod and line while i hang on to 16mtrs of carbon,

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk