Those crazy creationists

corydoras

its a theory :rolleyes:

whilst clocks may appear to be slower than the other one it compares to whats to say the other isn't faster ? ,when both (the slower clock or the faster one) cannot be judged accurate the "proof" has no basis so its a theory.

Einsteins brains wasn't that he was a clever scientist just that his theories are so hard to prove or disprove he wasn't a "law" maker or a liar in his life time :D

my theory is Einstein was houdini in reverse

Its a Theory, it's a scientific theory with a capital T. The 'proof' does has basis, your GPS would not work if Relativistic Time Dilation was not taken into consideration. You don't get to dis a scientific theory by rolling your eyes in and saying 'it's only a Theory'.

The Theory of Gravity is only a theory, but thing always fall down when you drop them and we can calculate orbits of planets round stars that are billions of miles away using it.

Electricity is only a theory but I bet your not going to stick your tounge in a 440 volt socket to try and diss it.

If you want to diss a theory you have to replace it with a better one.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always taught that a law is a genaral term for observations without exception and a theory being descriptive of the processes that may form a law!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Send a pregnant rat into space at a speed faster than light the day after it conceived and when it comes back it will no longer be pregnant?

I don't buy that one!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

so now a law is downgraded to a theory and a theory to hypothesis :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Time dilation remains a theory as it relies heavily on something that has not been proved yet, namely it uses the speed of light as a constant and that nothing can go faster than the speed of light. This has not been proven without a doubt.

The argument to support it was that if the speed of light was NOT the absolute, we would have 'time-machines visiting us!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Send a pregnant rat into space at a speed faster than light the day after it conceived and when it comes back it will no longer be pregnant?

I don't buy that one!

so now a law is downgraded to a theory and a theory to hypothesis :rolleyes:
Time dilation remains a theory as it relies heavily on something that has not been proved yet, namely it uses the speed of light as a constant and that nothing can go faster than the speed of light. This has not been proven without a doubt.

The argument to support it was that if the speed of light was NOT the absolute, we would have 'time-machines visiting us!

It does not matter if you 'buy it or not'. Just because you can't get your head around it does not mean that it is not the case.

As I have already pointed out, in science a Theory has to be a coherent explanation that holds true for a large number of facts and observations about the natural world. It has to be internally consistent, based upon evidence, tested against a wide range of phenomena and demonstrate problem solving. A theory is not, as many members of the public think some half baked idea, some unproven conjecture.

You guys are making the argument from personal incredulity. Just because you can't understand it is not empirical evidence that it ain't so.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

...This has not been proven without a doubt.
According to whom? How many times do I have to tell you guys. PHYSICS doesn't do PROOFS. But the fact that the speed of light in a vacuum is fixed at has been verified by countless experimants and observations. Edited by corydoras

According to whom? How many times do I have to tell you guys. PHYSICS doesn't do PROOFS.

If sending somebody at speeds greater than that of light, reverses the aging process, then someone with an incurable, preventable disease could be cured by sending off at such speed so that they could come back before they had the disease and preventable measures could be applied so it did not develop later.

Sounds great!

Communism is a great theory, but it doesn't taken nature into account. Human nature, that is.

The same applies to the idea of the EU.

According to whom? How many times do I have to tell you guys. PHYSICS doesn't do PROOFS.

I don't think religion does either, or does it?