blunket gone

chesters1

Hiya ,Try Dennis Canavan, have a look on Google, what an MP, and a really nice decent bloke....He has helped end the "Protection Orders" that the elitist classes brought into force to protect their high charges on fishing waters all over Scotland.....which, only they could afford...

Plus....a gentleman too... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blunket has gone, Bliar must follow, quickly. You read it first on Anglers Net.

Someone, somewhere in Government, might realise - sort out the seas, where all life came from, then things topside might improve.

Lateral thinking? Think about it. Essential thinking.

Rockling.

Cranfield:

He resigns because the Enquiry has found that a fax and email came from his office, fast tracking the visa application.

He denies any knowledge of it, but still resigns.

Bliar says that Blunkett has left office with his integrity and reputation intact. :rolleyes:

That speaks volumes for Bliar's standards.

Well, he certainly didn't see it go across his desk, and Blair is one of those with selective blindness methinks.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Scapanapper:

What a surprize!

A politician who turns out to be evil and happens to fall in love with the wrong person and to do someone a tiny favour.

No one else in the land would do the same. :rolleyes:

Come out of your glass houses all.

But not all of us live off the taxpayer.

Not all of us pass legislation on the country's morality.

And thankfully, not all of us show such appalling judgment (me excluded).

There's no need for us to relate to glass houses, unless we are in the same situation.

As Home Secretary, part of his remit was to shape policy on immigration including visa applications. Sadly he seemed to believe that 'do as I say, not as I do' was an OK way to proceed. It was not. Its clear that his hand was on this fiasco in some shape or form. Merely picking up the completed visa application form from his girlfriend, taking it into the office personally and showing it to a Home Office junior for his opinion, was a dumb thing to do for a man in his position trying to appear to be even-handed. That's of course, if you believe that it was all that he did. Blaming an over-zealous office junior for doing the deed, was despicable. What happened to the buck stops here?

Senior paid officers in central and local government work within strict codes of practice and whilst a villain or two emerges from time to time, they know broadly that there are things that they should not touch with a barge pole. Thats how they get to be and stay senior officers. I used to report things such as calendars that companies used to send me at Christmas, just to cover my back. Sadly politicians from local councillors to government ministers largely seem to think that they have a status that puts them above the law. They dont and it doesnt.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll:

As Home Secretary, ......That's of course, if you believe that it was all that he did. Blaming an over-zealous office junior for doing the deed, was despicable. What happened to the buck stops here?

Since the days of Harold Wilson, it became 'The buck starts here'.

I have no time for the Bliar party - sorry Labour party. That's the same party that lied to get us into a war WE ARE LOSING, but, right or wrong I think that the tory's and Libdems must be jumping up and down with joy today.

There was always ONE cabinet minister they were afraid of, and now he's resigned. They've tried hard and now have won!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Seems we got it all wrong. a tearful Blunkett today said 'I did it for my kid'. Can you just imagine the conversation in 18 years time. 'Why did you resign as Home Secretary dad ?' 'I did it for you son' 'So it was my fault ?' 'Yep'

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Cranfield:

He resigns because the Enquiry has found that a fax and email came from his office, fast tracking the visa application.

He denies any knowledge of it, but still resigns.

Bliar says that Blunkett has left office with his integrity and reputation intact. :rolleyes:

That speaks volumes for Bliar's standards.

:cool: Yes, I wondered about that bit, he denies all knowledge but resigns with his inegrity intact, although he's always denied any wrong-doing and Tony Bliar was sure he'd be exonerated by the enquiry. What else did they find? demon