Northern Ireland Game

Vagabond

bluezulu:

don't you start cory we all know your a jock living in england that supports france!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: erm i may be wrong here but is it the managers job to motivate and coach his players and get them to play the way he wants them to?

You forgot that I only support France when they are playing England .Anyway it's ages sice I gave your cage a wee rattle and I just could'nt resist demon . On the motivation point that you have raised, I don't think you could motivate that shower to swim if you chucked them in a billabong full of salties :P

As for 'playing the way he wants them to', perhaps if Rooney had played to position and kept his temper under control the result may have been more to your liking.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of this is about money. Take David Beckham. Some of the commentators made comments about how superb his passing was, however, they also said he didn't commit to one decent tackle during the match.

Simply put he earns that much money he is scared to go into a tackle for fear of being injured. When your team has about 6 or 7 players who all have the same kind of mentality then you are going to struggle ESPECIALLY against opposition with nothing to lose (NI, Wales etc).

Frankly his passing was crap as well (sorry Mr Hansen). Against Northern Ireland England should have been able to pass the ball around. The problem lies in the fact that regardless of how good Beckhams passing was, he didn't make one pass that lead to a goal being scored. Not taking anything away from NI but most first division clubs could pass the ball freely around midfield against them.

In light of Rooneys performance perhaps football needs to start looking at player conduct as they do in Rugby, Cricket etc and seriously fine/suspend players that do not portray a decent image to the nation both on and off the pitch. In a rugby match the referee would almost of certainly sent Rooney off JUST for the attitude, and he'd probably lose most of his match fee as well.

Ian W

quote:

Originally posted by UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk:

In light of Rooneys performance perhaps football needs to start looking at player conduct as they do in Rugby, Cricket etc and seriously fine/suspend players that do not portray a decent image to the nation both on and off the pitch. In a rugby match the referee would almost of certainly sent Rooney off JUST for the attitude, and he'd probably lose most of his match fee as well.

Here here! And if they get too physical then they should be prosecuted for common assault to boot.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I may be the only person who thinks this, but I feel that it is refreshing to see Rooney put himself about the park a bit and get stuck in.

At least he has some fire in his belly, and there is a distinct lack of that in the England team.

I, like most men would give my right arm to represent England in almost any sport, and I feel what our professional footballers need to realise is what a priviledged position they are in.

Maybe it is Sven not firing them up enough. At the end of the day we have a quality side, but they don't play well as a team and just don't seem to care.

Bring back El Tel that's what I say :D:D

beware when the captain of the team plucks his eyebrows.i wasnt aware it was mandatory for players to have there iq on the back of their england shirts.

thank god for rugby to restore sports image as well as the ashes series.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

DonRamos:

I may be the only person who thinks this, but I feel that it is refreshing to see Rooney put himself about the park a bit and get stuck in.

This isn't Sunday League stuff, he doesn't get paid to 'put himself about a bit', he gets paid to play the position he has been given by his manager.

[ 09. September 2005, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

Rooney wasn't putting himself about a bit. He was getting wound up in a way which could be of benefit to no one but the opposition. Hopefully with age he will get through these tantrums. Hopefully it will be before an incident reminisent of Beckham against Agrentina 1998.

I hope but dont necissarily expect.

Sven needs to go, he has no passion for england.

we need a formation and tactics that allow or fowards to run at the opponents, thats what there good at, not just recieve a long ball to the wing and mess up the cross because there is no one to head in the goal.

hmmmm really

ben he reserves his passion for elsewhere.

he would be a prime candidate for jerry springer or chemical castration.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith