Defamation, Libel, etc on Forums

Elton

Chris Goddard:

quote:

Infact wtr2 ip adress will be registered to the royal navey.
Royal Navy??? Not that I am doubting you but seems a little OTT! And the Navy is a BIG place!! Having served myself I am just a little, I don't really know? Not suspicious, just a little unsure that the navy would have a specific IP address assigned to them?

But WHITBY!! Now there IS a runashore!! Nearly as good as Scarborough!! (Ex. HMS Apollo!!)

But me? Chris Goddard as I always have been and always will be!! [/QB]

Boy am I glad I joined the Merchant Navy when I was a nipper and not the RN. Whitby a good run ashore? Yeah if it is pay-off day maybe. My idea of a good run ashore was more like Port Klang, Singapore, Hong-Kong (or Kowloon), Kaoshuing (Taiwan), New Orleans, Mobile.

I allus said that a 3rd tripper in the Merch could wring more salt water out of his socks than the average matlow would see in his entire career, it looks like I was right. Whitby indeed.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awaaar:

well put little tinca..

awaaar is also I name from my childhood, when I couldn't pronounce Andrew    :D   - I've used it all over the net...

My dog, Isobel, is now known as Awaar, too.

My daughter has always called her that, so now everybody in the close does! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

corydoras:

I allus said that a 3rd tripper in the Merch could wring more salt water out of his socks than the average matlow would see in his entire career, it looks like I was right. Whitby indeed.

We had an expression that meant the same but wasn't quite so polite. UK merchies must be a well bred bunch.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Originally posted by Newt:

UK merchies must be a well bred bunch.

I know the expression you know too Newt, but this IS a family site after all

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Good morning my old mate.

This site is turning into a slagging match isnt it!!!!

Well its all good fun I thinkm it is not as if anyone is offending their best friends or anything.

I hope the rest of you feel the same, you must read some of these posts and have a proper giggle.....lol!

I tend to agree with Jim but for me it's a personal thing. By that I mean I choose to use my real name. The thing that I find is that I can take a short while to get a feel for a poster and a real name makes that process quicker. I guess in the same way you do when you meet someone in person - you wouldn't know them by a nickname first. But like Jim, I'm getting used to this computer lark

Rob.

Guest jay_con

Ah - I think something just clicked here and it wasnt me back for a change. Rob and Jim ???? Your part of the old school right??? Real gentlemen??

The frightening thing about what you just said rob is the name Theodore Bundy or perhaps Charlie Manson

They sound so very nice. If you go around judging people by thier names you could well end up all arms and legs in the deep freeze.

Regards - Rodney

As my name is Kevin Judd and the first coarse fish I caught (thus becoming addicted to coarse (and all other)angling) was a Rudd my nickname has stuck.

At first it was JuddRudd but was soon shortened to Rudd.

Only my mates call me Rudd.

Everyone else calls me Kev

ACCEPT WHEN I AM IN A SPOT OF BOTHER, then they always call me Kevin?

Its always been this way and always will be accept if I ever get knighted then I will be Sir Rudd :D

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!