New phone

me

Great but can you make a telephone call without spending 5 hours pouring over an incomprehensable (and frequently incorrect) manual ?

I was out looking for a new phone the other day. My requirements were simple:

Long batery life.

Simple operation.

No extraineous functionality.

It MUST BE ROBUST so if I fall down the bank and break my leg, I've got a better than even change of the damn thing working, even if it's covered in dust or been dipped in the river.

No joy. Apparently there's no maket for them. In three stores, I even had to explain what the word ROBUST means to the (admittedly very atractive) assistants.

Am I the only person on the planet who couldn't give a damn about WAP functionality, GPRS or the ability to send a picture of my willy to some other idiot ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one of these : sendo_m550_big.jpg and so far I'm on my second replacement one...the keyboards are pretty useless it seems. My old Nokia I had for ages and it never went wrong, considering that I dropped it loads of times, it fell in my garden pond and survived after a few hours in the airing cupboard it was brilliant.

Who needs a fancy fone ? Who wants to buy my NEW Sendo M550 ?

Rich

:):):):)

eels need friends too...

Guest Ferret1959
Ken L:

a picture of my willy to some other idiot ?

Now there's a thought, who wants a picture of my willy?????????

Nokia's have to be the best fones. Especially the Nokia 3310 and 3330 they were really string and never broke. My mate dropped his off the mountain on accident which is about 300 ft high. He went down to the bottom to find his fone: Nokia 3310 still working!

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Ferret1959:

Ferret1959:

a picture of my willy to some other idiot ?

Now there's a thought, who wants a picture of my willy?????????
dave send one to `ME` he`d love it!!! :D

me:

Nokia's have to be the best fones. Especially the Nokia 3310 and 3330 they were really string and never broke. My mate dropped his off the mountain on accident which is about 300 ft high. He went down to the bottom to find his fone: Nokia 3310 still working!

I've got a 3330 :D , i didnt know it was the best :P

I used to have one of them. Best fone i've ever had and so far I've had one of them (Nokia 3330), Sagem Myc-2 and the fone ive got now the nec 313.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

I have the 8310 nokia - it's spent half and hour in the River Ribble - came out working, it's been in Turbury House twice, and Vernons lodge twice - and still works.....I've dropped a lot of mobiles in the drink, and NONE have come out working, even when left to dry....

the sound in the earpiece ain't what it used to be, but thats all thats wrong with it....

top phone!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

best phone i ever had is the one i got now the sagem myv 65 only on vodaphone at under £100 its got the best camera ive seen on the phone. its got a voice recorder but why you would use it is beyond me. Robust as you like this phone took a kick down the road, Dropped down a lift shaft at work and still works only think is its got a tiny scratch on the cover. Another good thing its got a cover that slides up over the camera. Battery lasts about 14 days with out using it or heavy use like me about 5 days.

Dont need video phone (to expensive for calls anyway)

Dont need anything flash (only need it to take calls and make them)

Dont need a stupid manual in 7 differant languages

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES