Amazing material

poledark

Tried out some stuff called "Polymorph" mouldable thermal plastic. Super stuff, soften in hot water and mould! Sets hard when cold!!!!!!!!!!

First crude efforts pressed into my feeder mould was very promising :) I will get a bit more adventurous at the weekend....................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Sounds interesting.

Update when you've worked with it some more?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I bought a similar product from QVC 10+ years ago and it has been very useful. It came in pellets and strips and i have used it for many a repair, camping, DIY, car and motorbike maintenance etc. When you have finished with it, just put back into and pan of boiling water and hey presto start again. Can be sawn and filed to what ever your requirement if needed. Strong enough to be used as a temporary "wing nut" if needed.

End of advert but highly recommended to have a strip in case of emergencies.

Milliput does the same job at half the price

Now you tell me :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I thought Milliput was an epoxy putty whereas the stuff Den is talking about is a thermal plastic with low melting point, something completely different.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Sorry, but it doesn't! Milliput IS good but this stuff is a different thing entirely! I have seen the both of them and even my mate who at one time was almost literally ADDICTED to Miliput (He even found the makers in Wales I think?) tried the other and changed his mind.

Mind you could have done with some Milliput yesterday here and France don't do it! Just a POOR pretender! So now added to the list of things to bring home from UK! Bacon, sausage and now MILLIPUT!! :-)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I checked up on this stuff. Melts at a low temperature and is a bit like nylon at normal room temperature.

Isn't that a description of hot melt glue sticks ?

You can get that stuff from poundland where a quid will buy you half a kilo or so.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.