Clarkson's pielady - Sunday Times

Paul Boote

sportsman, have you noticed that the fuel gauge on the explorer is, at best, totally inaccurate?

i also would give anything to be compared to mr toad, alan clark, who always has been, and always will be, my favourite politician was a proper petrol head and he loved it when people compared him to old mr toad. anyone interested in cars should check out 'backfire' a collection of his writings over the years. tree huggers and paul boote need not apply, i don't think you'd get it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really Jeepster, it seems to go down with no problem :D

It's actually not as bad as I thought it might be, although a lot depends on what you do with your right foot.

It does go a bit though :D:D

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

jeepster:

sportsman, have you noticed that the fuel gauge on the explorer is, at best, totally inaccurate?

i also would give anything to be compared to mr toad, alan clark, who always has been, and always will be, my favourite politician was a proper petrol head and he loved it when people compared him to old mr toad. anyone interested in cars should check out 'backfire' a collection of his writings over the years. tree huggers and paul boote need not apply, i don't think you'd get it.

Cars are just fine, jeeps', I've loved 'em in my time, having had a crack at my old Dad's '58 Bentley, '64 Alvis, '65 4.2 litre E Type (142 mph on the old M1, early morning, me driving, at just 12), various pals' Lotuses, Morgans, 7s etc, but, as we grow up, you know, WE MOVE ON...

[ 18. September 2005, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

I didn't have toys like that when I was a 12 year old

I wonder what the statute of limitations is regarding 12 year olds driving e.types.

Obviously a different class of joy rider in those days :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

i've had my fair share of motoring experiences paul, my favourite being my 1979 mercedes 450sel 6.9, well either that or the 2003 porsche 996 that i drive for fun these days

as for moving on? well there's any number of patronising responses i could come up with to counter that, but i'll leave the patronising comments to the people who appreciate them most. (and yes i do mean you paul )

[ 18. September 2005, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

jeepster:

well there's any number of patronising responses i could come up with to counter that, but i'll leave the patronising comments to the people who appreciate them most. (and yes i do mean you paul )

People who "patronize" others tend to hold them (despite vigorous protestations to the contrary) IN CONTEMPT, jeeps'. I, most certainly, do NOT - never have done, never will. "Poop-poop."

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

As a cycle riding, bus using none car owner, I say "Charge the silly cow with assault".

Some idiots seem to think that because they have a "cause", they can attack people (like anglers) with impunity.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Isn't the job of a columnist to entertain and provoke debate?

I really admired Clarkson's restraint - very gentlemanly of him. Just because someone disagrees with a viewpoint which doesn't concur with their own pet idea of the month, doesn't give them the right to assult people.

The woman should be charged with assault. God Bless St Jeremy.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine