Alan Taylor's Book of Condolences.

Norrie

A bench would be a great idea, particularly if we can come up with a fitting plaque for it. Preferably with one of Alan's fishing jokes or an angling ditty. Someone will have to keep an eye on it though to make sure the brainless ones don't wreck it or nick it.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, Well, Alans Funeral service is at 11 am tomorrow...so as Holland is an hour in front, that makes it 12pm here...It would be great if you could give him a thought around that time....

Thanks...

Norrie.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I am fishing tomorrow, using Alan's carp rods, with home made paste using Alan's kit. How could I not think of him. As I said to someone from here earlier this evening, in my quiet moments I haven't thought about much else apart from Alan and his family this week.

I gave Alan a bottle of scotch when we first met, and a bottle of scotch last time I saw him.

Not doing the driving tomorrow, may take a scotch or two to keep the cold out and to raise a glass to a real good friend.

My daughter met Alan and they got on famously. Abi said she had an image in her mind of Alan playing a 500lb halibut on a match rod and winning. I hope so.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Skippy good luck with the dogs,I have seen the effect they can have on patients.

Norrie hope all goes well.

We are setting off on holiday late morning..but will be thinking......

So Chin up and walk tall!

The first round of drinks for the wake are on me....

Judith

[ 17. September 2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Norrie:

Hiya, Well, Alans Funeral service is at 11 am tomorrow...so as Holland is an hour in front, that makes it 12pm here...It would be great if you could give him a thought around that time....

Thanks...

Norrie.

I've never felt so sad drinking a beer.

So long, Alan.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi all, Below you will find a copy of the Obituary going into the Sea Angling News Octobers edition ....there will be a pic attached too, the same one as is in the Book of Condolences....the one with Alan and his Skate. I hope it does him proud, if not...its my fault. If anyone wants a copy when it comes out, please mail me...and I will get it to you ASAP.

Cheers,and thanks for all your love and support for Sonja.She really does appreciate it.

Norrie

Death of Alan Taylor

The untimely death of Alan Taylor (57) occurred on 12th September after a long and hard fight against cancer. He lived in Papendrecht in Holland, tho’ he often travelled back to the United Kingdom to take part in many angling trips, mainly organised by the members of Anglers Net, the online angling club, of which he was a long time member.

He was a well known and very well respected , angler, and ex-charter skipper ,based at that time in Weymouth.

He was a very good and accomplished angler, and friend, who would never hesitate to pass on his knowledge to others less experienced .

He was tireless and vociferous in his support for Macmillan Nurses, and attended “Fish-Ins “ for them, traveling from his home in Holland to the UK just to help raise money. And I am sure that he would want me to add that if anyone wanted to make a donation to them the money would be put to very good use.

After he was diagnosed with cancer, he was an inspiration to others with cancer, and to their families. He never once complained about his situation. He remained cheerful and upbeat to the end, always looking forward to the next fishing trip. He was scheduled to make a trip to Lochaline in Scotland early this year to fish one more time for the common skate, a fish which really captured his imagination in recent years. Sadly he was unable to make the trip, but was hoping to get there right to the end.

He was a very good friend, and with his sense of humour, had lots of them. He was also a very generous person when it came to angling, to such an extent he once bought a tackle company….and gave most of the stock away…….if he did sell any, then it was very cheaply.

The funeral service was held in Dordrecht on Saturday the 17th September. Many friends and family attended.

He is survived by his partner Sonja, and his brother and sister.

Tight Lines Mate…

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/