Legal Advice Needed - Copyright

Elton

spoke to my mate, while he is not a copyright expert he is a legal man;

basically they have no come back on to you, all they can request is that you stop marketing them and DO NOT SELL ANYMORE, you then return them to your supplier for a full refund, there is very little chance that you have any claim against either party, and if you did then the legal costs would exceed the pay out, he also said - if you speak to the legal trade ask for a no win no fee agreement, if they dont take up the offer then it means that either the other party have a strong case against you, or you have no case against them, but either way, he advised that you do not pay any money and you refer them to your supplier and most of all ADMIT NOTHING.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also spoke to my legal people and it don't look good Elton.

If I was you i'd be straight on the next charter to the Costa del Criminal.

You're looking at 240yrs minimum with a good chance of the blindfold and an AK47!

Don't want to look to pesimistic mate, but thanks for putting this site together....might not get another chance to say thanks.

ATB

Ant

p.s. May wanna take the AK47 route, 240yrs bending down picking up the soap, it's gonna get mighty sore!

[ 24. June 2004, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Elton:

I've actually spoken to the firm now and it's all getting a bit confusing.

Put their name up here, together with their email address.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

Put their name up here, together with their email address.

LOL! I want to avoid trouble, not invite it :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I know this is probably obvious, Elton. But have you checked this is all genuine and not a scam?

Even if it is genuine, have they proved their client's copyright? Personally with something like this I would not bother with using a solicitor. I would do it all myself.

If you feel you have a claim against your supplier (for supplying you with illegally reproduced items) and they won't reimburse you, then try raising a small claim. You can do it all on-line here, after first issuing a warning letter to them.

[ 24. June 2004, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Lid ]

Cheers, guys.

It is genuine and I'm going to deal with it myself at this stage.

Basically, it looks like they've messed up on two accounts;

1. I'm not the guy they need to be after.

2. The stuff is legit, anyway.

They're getting told to drop it and we'll see what happens there.

I've shown the letter to a few people and they are disgusted - typical corporate bully-boy antics. Most of the words used by others to describe them cannot be reproduced here :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Don't tell anyone Elton, but I can put you in touch with some hit-men....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.