Who's been sleeping in my garden?

ayjay

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever seen one at a time in the garden Toggle. I think this one may have taken up residence in a gap between two parallel fences just behind the plants in the background of the pic. There are quite a few around though.

Lovely pic AJ, that is the one thing I really miss now that I live "in the country"....no foxes!!!!!!!!! very few rabbits!!!!!!!! the whole area seems to be devoid of four footed wildlife, except badgers.

Probably down to the activities of the "Rambo" types who drive around the fields at night with red lights "shooting vermin"

Crazy setup, release hundreds of worthless pheasants and then shoot the foxes because they are partial to a free meal.

Yep you're right, I am fast becoming an anti where it involves shooting the indigenous species to protect an introduced one.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Here's a fox I photographed in June 2002 in Ontario, Canada, east of Lake Superior.

fox.JPG

I was staying at a fishing lodge with friends when this mangy-looking thing strolled in out of the woods. He looked like he led a hard life.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

We had one come round at my grandads fishing camp in northern Wisconsin when I was about 8. Would come up and take the fish scraps right out of your hand. Clearly someone had been taking care of it.

I saw one running the river last fall a few days after the hunt.. They obviously didn't get him. :P

Nice picture AJP. He wouldn't last long around here I think.

[ 05. September 2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

our cockerel has recently lost his tail in a scrap with something, not sure if was a fox or the jack russel! whilst i do have a soft spot for foxes, it would be nice to not have to worry about leaving the chickens out