Message For Mr.Abdul Hameed Mahmood

Elton

Do you mean I shouldn't have given him my account details? Oh carp.... :rolleyes:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Guest sandpipper

Ive spent hours on this site reading about this guy who responds to the scam emails, i wet myself laughing at the things he says to them. Be warned its addictive reading when he gets them to got to the bank asking for the money he has`nt sent them, have a look for yourself then come back on here and say how long you were on there reading,go on have a look you know you want too.

http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/index.html

With reference to these "you've won the lottery" and "I need to use a UK bank account in which to deposit umpty-zillion pounds/dollars/euros" etc scams.

Does ANYONE fall for them?

Surely not.

If they do, it could be argued that they are the authors of their subsequent misfortune and deserve all they get.

If the scams didn't work, they'd give up and find different ways to scam people.

Benjamin Franklin said: We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Some people work very, very hard. :D

[ 22. September 2005, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Westie ]

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Jim Gibbinson:

With reference to these "you've won the lottery" and "I need to use a UK bank account in which to deposit umpty-zillion pounds/dollars/euros" etc scams.

Does ANYONE fall for them?

Surely not.

If they do, it could be argued that they are the authors of their subsequent misfortune and deserve all they get.

That's exactly what some Nigerian guy was saying on a documentary I watched once. It's not a case of 'falling' for them, so much as being blinded by greed.

I remember watching a news item once regarding a guy who'd been scammed for a few grand on one of the 'lotteries'. I couldn't help thinking, "Wouldn't the fact that you'd never bought a bloody ticket be your first clue...?" :rolleyes:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

They are getting ever so slightly more sophisticated. I had an email yesterday supposedly from the marketing manager of a top UK construction company. The company exists, so does the executive (I checked their website) The letter however was so appallingly badly written that it clearly was the usual west african fake.

Anyone seen this one yet? If not, its coming your way. An email from ebay.com arrived last night telling me that as I've been such a good paypal customer that I've been awarded a gift token to the value of $150 which will be added to my account if I go to the address shown and presumably type in my details. It even shows a plausible looking gift certificate to the value of $150. I did what I always do...copy it to spoof@paypal.com and delete it.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I got one from the Halifax Bank of Scotland a few weeks ago... big mistake as one of my clients is... yup, you've guessed it... Halifax Bank of Scotland, I printed it out and handed it to the fraud dept. They said they would have some fun with it, glad I could help someone enjoy their work

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

corydoras:

I'll PM you my bank details. There is nothing you can do with them except pay money IN.

Mmmmm, not strictly true. I used to work for a bank's fraud department and you'd be amazed what someone can do with just your account number and sort code !!!

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Glad you said that, Ian.

I had some charity 'collector' round here a few months back. He didn't want money, but was just collecting 'details'.

I told him to go away.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE