Another Bird ID

Gillies

Was out yesterday for a walk with my mate along the shoreline, I wish I had my eyes open properly as this big bird was sitting on a fence post 10 meters away - by time I got camera up to my eye it was of though.

Im saying a Buzzard, but markings on the wings are kind of throwing me off ... so I'm not sure.

I could not focus fast enough on it as it flew off, so pictures are absolutely "terrible"!

bird_crop1.jpg

Just after it took of, infront of me.

bird_crop2.jpg

Flying of at quite a speed.

bird_crop3.jpg

Perched around 800 meters away.

Any suggestions on which bird it is? really wish I had a proper lens on, could of got nice shots.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Buzzard

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yep, Buzzard

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Thanks, I thought it was ... just wasnt 100% sure. The colour and the white, and the give away against other birds of that type.

Here is another one, anyone got any ideas of this one?

Again a very poor photo as the Lens wasn't up to it, and it was around 20 meters away.

wee_bird_crop1.jpg

Gillies

[ 24. April 2005, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

hiya, Looks like a Wheatear to me.... :D A male one....commonly called Oenanthe oenanthe..... :D:D

[ 24. April 2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Yesterday, whilst blanking, I was joined for the duration by a Mallard & her 9 fabulous fuzzballs. I spent most of my session feeding them. One of the ducklings kept on nibbling at my feet, whilst two others climbed in my tackle box & came out with one of my floats!

Here's Mrs Mallard, being ever watchful over her young.

duck.jpg

Plus two of the ducklings that were pulling a worm out of the ground (sadly I missed the worm on my piccy)

duck1.jpg

These were taken with a fairly basic diggy BTW, so forgive me if the quality is a bit shoddy.